Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Reject code F8962-070

I PUT ONE NUMBER IN WRONG FOR MY HUSBAND SS NUMBER AND WANT TO FILE ELECTRIC 

Reject code F8962-070

Nothing resolved here yet. 02/10/2022

lbkreh

Reject code F8962-070

The URL in this answer doesn't exist.

loganiwnl

Reject code F8962-070

😕 I know

lbkreh

Reject code F8962-070

No one in my family has healthcare through the ACA. We had private insurance all year and that's why I checked the box for "no." It still keeps changing it to "yes."

Reject code F8962-070

***I've update my OP to describe what I did to get my refund accepted***

Reject code F8962-070

• Click Deductions and Credits
  • Scroll down to Medical and Click Show More
  • Click Start or Revisit next to the ACA
  • As you walk through the questions, you will be asked if you received a 1095-A.  If you did NOT, click YES.
  • Enter 0's for the Marketplace identifier and Policy number.
  • Enter $1 for A. January monthly premium amount and B. SLCSP
  • Walk through to the end and submit your return. 

WHAT DO I PUT IN THE C. Monthly Advance Payment of Premium Tax Credit SECTION? CANT MOVE ON WITHOUT AN INPUT! Would it also be a $1?

Reject code F8962-070

yes...enter $1 in all 3 columns.

Reject code F8962-070

This worked for me 

Reject code F8962-070

This worked for me

Reject code F8962-070

I've upgraded to the premium version and continue to get same reject code F8962-070.  Been on phone and live screen with turbotax professionals several times for over one hour in each call. One said it was a glitch and to wait until the 12th of Feb, so that both IRS & Turbotax could resolve issue. But still no correction.  Talked to 30 year tax lady and she says theres always a glitch or something that needs to be addressed or updated. Sometimes they correct it and sometimes they don't. But turbotax is well aware of the issue and was told they are doing a "deep investigation." 

Reject code F8962-070

I have submitted return several times trying several fixes on 2/13....still having trouble, still rejected.

Anyone know if there's another fix coming?

Reject code F8962-070

I've posted earlier here that the method with putting $1 for 1095-A didn't work for me. However, I was able to get mine accepted using TaxAct instead.

This is how I got it to work: I filled it out as normal (answering no for Marketplace insurance), and was rejected with the f8962-070 code as usual. But in their rejection email, they also included instructions to e-file with an "ACA Explanation" attachment to explain that I don't need to file a form 8962, since I don't have a Marketplace insurance.

If anyone else is having issues making the turbotax solution work, I would give this one a try. Just file as you did normally, wait for a rejection. Then follow the instructions to include an ACA explanation, which is just a PDF file with a brief explanation of why you don't need to file form 8962.

I don't know if this also works with other tax softwares, but this did save me the trouble of having to file by mail. Hope this helps!

BellaV
Returning Member

Reject code F8962-070

• Click Deductions and Credits
  • Scroll down to Medical and Click Show More
  • Click Start or Revisit next to the ACA
  • As you walk through the questions, you will be asked if you received a 1095-A.  If you did NOT, click YES.
  • Enter 0's for the Marketplace identifier and Policy number.
  • Enter $1 for January monthly premium amount and SLCSP
  • Walk through to the end and submit your return.

i followed this and it worked! After being rejected  7 times! 

Reject code F8962-070

Has anyone WHO 1ST received a rejected return w/ ERROR code F8962-070 but was accepted by following this post or TT article "how to efile reject F8962"  actually got a DATE on WMR  OR a REFUND yet?

I'm worried that we all were suppose to include ACA explanation instead of entering $1 amounts because I filed 2-11-22 and credit karma still has my federal as pending but TT shows accepted. Still being possesseD on WMR & had NO UPDATES on transcript prior to outage.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies