Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Refund

TPG Products SBTPG LLC just shorted me $2870. WHERE IS MY REFUND MONEY?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Refund

If I assume $70 is for  fees you owe that leaves 2800.

2,800 is the 3rd Stimulus payment.  Did you already get the Stimulus payment they sent out last year starting March 2021? The IRS has records that show you were sent the 3rd stimulus payment so they removed the 2,800 Recovery Rebate Credit.

Do you have an amount on 1040 line 30?  You might have tried to claim it again.   Line 30 is only if you didn't get the full amount or qualify for more. 

Did you get IRS letter 6475 saying what they sent you?  If you didn't get the IRS letter 6475 saying what they sent you then Double check your bank statements and check your IRS account to see what they sent you.  Check both IRS accounts if married.

Your Online Account | Internal Revenue Service

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Refund

Does the IRS website indicate that you were sent less than what was reported on your federal tax return Form 1040 Line 34? - https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If so, how much was the refund on the tax return and how much less did the IRS send?

Refund

If I assume $70 is for  fees you owe that leaves 2800.

2,800 is the 3rd Stimulus payment.  Did you already get the Stimulus payment they sent out last year starting March 2021? The IRS has records that show you were sent the 3rd stimulus payment so they removed the 2,800 Recovery Rebate Credit.

Do you have an amount on 1040 line 30?  You might have tried to claim it again.   Line 30 is only if you didn't get the full amount or qualify for more. 

Did you get IRS letter 6475 saying what they sent you?  If you didn't get the IRS letter 6475 saying what they sent you then Double check your bank statements and check your IRS account to see what they sent you.  Check both IRS accounts if married.

Refund

Sounds like the stimulus for two people @ $1400 each.

Refund

You hit the nail right on the head.  My mistake, the first two in 2020 and then the third in 2021.  Not three in 2021.  Thanks

Mixtli845
Returning Member

Refund

• It was supposed to be $1463 and I only received $63.!

Refund

@Mixtli845   The difference is 1400.

1400 is for the 3rd Stimulus payment for each person.  It is on 1040 line 30.   Line 30 is only if you didn't get the full amount or qualify for more. 

If you claimed a missing stimulus payment on your return but the IRS took it off you have to ask the IRS. They think they already sent it to you.  Maybe it went to an account you don't remember. Or you got a check or a card. It was probably easy to miss the debit card in the mail and think it was junk mail. They have to put a trace on it.

Double check your bank statements and Check your IRS account to see when and what they sent you (check both spouse's accounts if married)

If the IRS thinks they sent it to you but you didn't get it request a trace for a missing third Stimulus payment

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/questions-and-answers-about-the-third-economic-impact-payment-topic-j-p...Your Online Account | Internal Revenue Service

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies