turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund

I really think Turbo Tax have a lot to do with this issue because so many people has  experience the same problem especially those who filed their taxes in late January and early February and we all had to wait on the IRS to open their windows for acceptance of our taxes which was February 12th I notice that each one of us received the same message but you can prove that this message of acceptance of our taxes actually came from the IRS because we all waited for that message for about  2-4 weeks after filing our taxes through you all. I stated in my first post that I filed in January  I Know for a fact that they aren't that back up because I live in a household of many tax filer and I was the only one who filed early everyone else in this household has filed in February after the IRS open up it windows and they all have receive their refund and here I'm still waiting. So I think it's Turbo Tax ERROR because we may have been emailed that our taxes was ACCEPTED but we can not prove that you all have actually submitted the documents because your end says accepted the IRS end says accepted but why would it take so long to process Turbo Tax customer who filed before February 12  2021.  And I also stated in  my first post that I had to MAIL in my STATE taxes and I mailed them out on February 17 2021 and I received my STATE TAX REFUND 30 Days after mailing it in ( MAIL Snail Mail ). While my Federal Taxes was sent out electronically via e-file so come on I 'm not  really buying you all excuse that they are back up because so many people has filed in this city and county after me and has received their refund. The only people who waiting are those who filed EARLY and turbo was the last company to see those documents off. Sad to say after using Turbo Tax (Intuit) since day one I do not think I'm going to use Turbo to process my 2021 Taxes. "PSSST! LOYAL TURBO TAX CUSTOMER.

kalliebunch
Returning Member

Refund

So after all that time did you go ahead and mail your return in? Like the paperwork that TurboTax prepared for you? I’m confused, I e-filed obviously and once the IRS accepted it and moved it to processing TurboTax sent me an email with the filled out forms. Is that the same as just sending in a copy to the IRS because e-file is the problem? It’s just astonishing that this many people all the the same filing status, credits claimed, dependents etc. are receiving the same info. I filed February 12th as well. I spoke with the IRS finally yesterday after a guy posted a trick to get through the automated options and be transferred to an actual person. I also spoke with the Tax Payers Advocacy w/the IRS and they both told me that there was no obvious errors they could find. My withholdings, credits and general info matches up. They did mention the rebate TurboTax TOLD me I qualified for was correct because I DID NOT RECEIVE the 1st and 2nd stimulus at all. They told me as well, that because I was sent a CP05 form which is just a generalized notice of a 60day review that basically applies to every single filer. No reasons, no questions...it’s just “IRS has it, wait 60days, we may or may not release your return, we might need some info from you at some point, and if you haven’t gotten it by then good luck calling us but try. Also you can’t do **bleep** because legally now we have the entire 60days to **bleep** your return around”. This has never happened to me before, and because of that CP05 form, I can’t even amend, file for a hardship, or request any type of hearings. They just told me to wait. 

Refund

No I'm still waiting. Filed the 28th of January and was accepted on the 13th of February. Still I wait. Theres been no paperwork filed for me its suposed to be direct deposited. I got through to irs as well early march and they couldn't find any issues with my return. But seeings how I filed hoh, earned income credit and child tax credit it was sent to return department. Lady I spoke with there couldn't find **bleep** wrong either and was told they were understaffed and backlogged and they said to wait. 10 weeks which will be on the 18th of this month. Such bull**bleep**. If you owed the irs money they'd want it quick like us needing our returns. And what's the cpo5 form? I never heard of or received one. Being understaffed and already working mandatory overtime they put 6 million refunds in the "returns department " to buy them more time. And wtf this did was screw us because once there they have 10 weeks from what I heard to now have to manually review them. And their surely gonna do the easy ones first. And certain qualified people had to do them returns.  So......keep checking the wmr site and pray for a change. I also heard that you could ask your congressman for help with your return. I spoke with local one for state taxes and she gave me the information needed for the federal congressman. So I'm gonna try this Monday. I also ordered a transcript by mail which will be 5-10 days. Once taxes are filed it's out of tt,s hands. There will not be a 10th yr of me filing with tt. They just point fingers at each other.  

Refund

Clearly there has been some sort of "glitch", I just can't figure out if it is in the IRS side or the tt side?? 

Does anyone know how to get in- touch with the "Call for Action" department of the News channels?  I think they would be a good means for getting to the bottom of this debacle!!

Refund

They told me that they are taking $190 out of my checking account.  Funny how I didn't notice the part of if your return doesn't come,  we'll cipher it from your checking account!  Good luck there!!

Refund

Good morning

What gets me is, I never put anything in line 30 turbo tax did. Since that happened still waiting. Most of us need this refund as it helps pay the bills. I have never had a problem doing taxes until now. I will fight the fee if they try to take that as Turbo tax can't tell me what is going on. I paid for a service that isn't solved. I am hearing two sides. IRS stating nope we dont have them, turbo tax yea everything looks good and they accepted the return. it took 3 days of research to find out what happened. I  did them on the 21st of February now its April. 

Refund

I'd say google for your area. Local news. 

Refund

Yea they just point finger at each other. Talked to irs and they said refund looked fine but was sent to the return department because of the stimulus money and their way understaffed so sending 6 million refunds to their return department buys them more time as I heard that when sent there a supervisor has to check return 

Refund

Accepted 2/17 and still no refund. ☹️

Refund

2/22  received.

Still processing. No refund date

ToddL99
Expert Alumni

Refund

Be patient -  a whole lot of people are experiencing the same issue. 

If you filed your 2020 taxes and haven't received your refund, your experience is very common -  the IRS is encountering major delays in processing 2020 tax returns, and is almost impossible to reach by phone.

Everything the IRS has to say about refunds is at Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions. If you read this carefully, you will see they are not making any promises. 

The IRS Where’s My Refund? site is still the best first place to go for information. 

Why is this happening? Tax season (normally Jan 1 - Apr 15) is the busiest time of the year for the IRS. This year, they have also had to deal with major changes in the tax law, including ones that were passed retroactively in the past two weeks. They are also struggling with the same COVID workplace and workforce issues the rest of the country has encountered. 

Refund

Not really sure on what's going on as IRS is stating they still dont have the refund/taxes. turbo tax gave me the number of the conformation and they can't find it. It took two days to get a hold of them. Furthermore, after reviewing my return turbo tax put 1800 on line 30 which put a hard hold on my return. I never put anything on that line in fact, there wasn't an option to even put anything on that line.  I bet that's what's going on is now there looking into that. I am very frustrated at this point as i am not getting any answer's to my questions to top that the number turbo tax gave me dosn't match or they can't find it.  To top it all, it takes a very long time to get a hold of the IRS. when where owed money there slow. when we owe money there at our door asking for money. I did my taxes on 2/21 it's now 4/14. I have never had to wait this long. 

Refund

Accepted on the 13th of February here and same bs. Wmr site says your refund is still being processed and a refund date will be provided when available. 

Refund

I agree 100%. I NEVER put anything on line 30 and magically I have $2800 on that line. 

Refund

I agree 100%!!! I filed early in January and I still have nothing but turbo tax was quick to take my money for their "services" $140 worth. I did receive my state refund but im still waiting on the other. There is definitely something wrong within the turbo tax part of it!! I commented on one of the turbo tax "experts" comments that said "be patient". And my comment was deleted because I said I wouldn't be using them next year, and that customers should be getting their money before they get their money. I wasn't so nice as I am now though. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies