Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund

Good morning. 

I went over my taxes again and found that they put 1800  on line 30 which put a hard hold on me. If you look that up it's a tax credit and everyone gets a hold. Not sure how that mix up happened but tried to fix it and can't.  Look at your 30 line and if you see any number there your on hold for long time. Not sure how long. IRS will not say. I 've herd from people June. The hold also puts you in an identity protection. Nothing you or turbo tax can fix. I have never had a problem with doing taxes until now. Always fast .

Refund

i claimed single with no kids like i always do since i dont have kids nor married. This is the first year ever having a problem. Normally it's fast and done. I always do the taxes early because when I lived in CA they would do state refund holds. You do it early you get your state refund fast and not on a hold.  

Refund

We have never had any problems either, now with all the stimulus going out, I had a feeling it was gonna bite us in the rear somehow.

Refund

Omg, June, ugh.

Refund

that's what Turbo tax told me. I am hoping not. 

Refund

How many weeks between electronic filing acceptance by IRS and normal refund

Refund

it's supposed to be 21 days for e-file and 8-10 weeks paper. But I do keep forgetting that Covid has pushed them back.

Refund

It took 2 months from e-file to deposit of refund.

Refund

To all...I believe TurboTax software has a big mistake regarding the Recovery Rebate Credit.  The program asks if either spouse (filing joint) received either Payment 1(April 2020)  and/or Payment 2(Dec 2020-Jan 2021).  It leads you to think that you will get the credit.  When I entered in the amounts ($1200 each Payment).  The program then autofills  out the Worksheet and enters in an amount on line 30 of the 1040.  Here is the problem.  Line 30 when you read the IRS instructions clearly states that the credit is for those who DID NOT receive either Payment in the specified amount in accordance with your filing status.  So if you received the full Payments and the TurboTax program auto generated an amount in line 30 of 1040 form, the IRS will reduce that amount from your initial refund.  Good luck getting ahold of anyone at TurboTax.  It took an hour and half to talk to anyone at the IRS, and they will not and/or can not change your refund based on the incorrect calculations that TurboTax put into line 30.  

Rob113

Refund

Yes I am 

Refund

I am in the same boat from the IRS. the 1 time I did get thru they told me I had to verify my identity!!!!! And now on top of that Turbo tax has decided they are going to take my fees out of my checking account!!  I had the fees taken out of my refund. They should have to wait just like I have to wait. Maybe if they got pissed off at the irs like the rest of us something might change! 

SamS1
Expert Alumni

Refund

Could be number of reasons for refund delays, especially this year. Generally it is due to dependent verification, refund offset, or information mismatch. You can get a free transcript of your return to review of any holds or codes. Click here to get your free online transcript.

Did you have unemployment benefits. So to not have to process thousands of amended returns, if you had unemployment benefits the IRS could be holding your return for processing once their systems are updated for the American Rescue Plan Act that excludes the first $10,200 of unemployment benefits if your adjusted gross income is less than $150,000.   

If you have earned income credit and/or additional child tax credit, it is probably delayed. Returns with either of these credits are covered under the PATH act, which gives the IRS authority to delay the refund to verify dependent information on your return. For 2020, the IRS was not issuing refunds for these returns until the 1st week of March. 

Do you have any refund offsets such as back taxes, student loans, child support, state obligations (Court costs), etc. This could delay your refund and you will receive a letter indicating the change.

If you answered the stimulus questions incorrectly, this will delay your refund. If you claimed the Recovery Rebate credit on your return, the IRS is matching stimulus payments to returns with the Recovery Rebate credit. If there is a mismatch, you will be receiving a letter.

Keep checking IRS.gov "Where's my Refund" for the most up to date information.

Check here also for more information on refund delays.

Refund

1st week of March huh. Now the 2nd week of April still bs message at wmr site says your refund is still being processed and a refund date will be given when available. Shouldn't 9 weeks be ample time to correct anything wrong and dd refund money for struggling people in this time of pandemic? It's a hell of alot different if you owe them money. They'll come after anything they can if shoes on other foot. Tt don't know anything after refund accepted by irs but it would be nice if they didnt add stuff on line 30 and screw us for longer waiting period. Maybe they should update their system instead of saying this is the best route to take to get you more money.......But take 3 months longer. If I knew this then I would have simplified return. 

Refund

Finally was able to.get transcript sent by mail in 5-10 days their saying by mail as I didn't have the verification info needed to process it online. Hopefully transcript will show me something. I do know I'm gonna spend the extra money and have a certified accountant do taxes this year. A buddy did same filing status...hoh...2 dependents and child tax credits and had his back in 10 days like I used to get with the 9 yrs with tt. Never again. This year everyone struggling with pandemic and really needed refund this year not so much prior years and get screwed and no1 wants to take blame for it....just point fingers at each other. And WAIT 10 WEEKS AND IF YOU DONT HEAR ANYTHING CALL US BACK. Friggin joke

Meljohn4

Refund

I am in the same boat as you. Refund got accepted on 2/15/2021 and no federal refund but I got my state fine. Tried to call irs which is impossible to do because they don’t answer even if you get through to them . I need my federal to pay off bills and get a vehicle because ours is not in the best shape . 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies