turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund

Again, here is another one that TT messed up. 

line 30 was filled out improperly on you returns. Ours had to manually be processed and that’s what’s taking so long. From what I was told, there was a glitch in the app. I’m not entirely sure but I do know that many of ours was done improperly. Probably thousands or even hundreds of thousands.

Refund

Yea, I think next year I won't be filing with Turbo. I know the Irs has more to do with the delays but it seems like everyone else I know has gotten there's back before me and I filed my taxes before them. I always do direct deposit and tomorrow will be 6 weeks since I was accepted this is really ridiculous. Last year I didn't get my return til May. Filed Jan 29th accepted Feb 16th same status as yours going on 3 weeks now. 

Refund

Also Neither Turbo or the IRS make it easy to contact an actual person and they're not sending out any letters so a lot of people are just in the dark about what is actually going on. 

minterda

Refund

I filed my 2020 taxes late Jan 2021. I paid the amount owed per TurboTax to the IRS. I claimed both stimulus checks, unemployment etc. Now, I've received a letter from the IRS saying I owe $1,200 by April 19th due to a correction to the Recovery Rebate Credit. What happened?

Refund

Same here. Ig tt is screwing us. I have same on the wmr site but dont have a date for check yet. Still waiting when I talked to irs they said taxes were sent to refund department and could be up to 10 weeks and if I didn't hear anything by then call back. It has to do with the coronavirus payments is what I'm hearing. But people finally starting to get their refunds bsck

Refund

I did the same thing & filed on 2/12.  I received my state refund a few weeks ago, but no news on Fed.  But yeah, I received the 2nd stimulus on 1/1/21 so I didn't count it on 2020 return.  I also haven't received the most recent stimulus, so I'm assuming it's all going hand in hand.  Frustrating.....

Refund

Which is another reason why we should all get a refund from TT for this error 

Refund

Some of TT representatives keep commenting and saying it isn’t their fault, it’s ours. But I agree with you completely 💯 

Refund

Nope. I am done with TT completely. There is too many programs and sites out there that provide free tax returns and representation to NOT try a different one. Not after this year,

this issue. It has really messed with a lot of peoples lives and when they needed it the most. This is/was my last year with TT!

Refund

I filed in early February as well and my return was supposedly accepted. I have nothing in Item # 30 as I had already received my payment. Am having the same problem as everyone else. The IRS says my return is being process but have no date for refund.

Refund

Misery loves company.  Reading through the discussion group, if a figure was entered on line 30 (Recovery rebate credit) the IRS flags the return.  I can appreciate the IRS wanting to have measures in place to reduce fraudulent refund credits.  

Seems it would be appropriate for Turbo Tax (Intuit) to address this bottleneck topic, since it puts affected users of their product in limbo.  Factually explaining what has taken place and providing forthright guidance would be helpful.   If there is such an explanation, please let me know how to navigate to find it?

Refund

OK, got a question. I'm in the same boat: filed on 2/22, still processing, with a figure (I think it's the correct one) in Line 30. Anyway, I've been using TT since the DOS versions (over 20 years ago?) and never had significant issues. So, I am using the desktop version (TT Deluxe). Assuming there is an error, how do I even get a refund and how much would it be? There is the cost of the program ($50 or $60, I need to check) and the cost of filing my State return (which went through flawlessly, refunded within 10 days). So, HOW to get the refund. One other question: for those of you notified of a specific discrepancy, were you then given a refund date?

Refund

Finally got to a real person working for TurboTax. She serves as one of their "tax experts" and has her own tax business. According to what she has learned, the IRS is so tied up with processing  "economic impact" payments, they are not doing their normal tax review and refund processes. TurboTax clients are not alone, all the other return tax programs are having similar difficulties. The IRS is processing returns, they just don't have the usual staff available to do the needed work. Some people have been lucky and have had their returns processed. Most of us have not -- but we will....eventually. Hang in there !!

Refund

That is VERY FUNNY. I suspect it is the TRUTH. The IRS is just BEHIND and short of staff. Here we are pointing all sorts of fingers but the answer is the obvious one. However,  no excuse for TT screwing up Line 30. No pass for them!!                                                         

Refund

Samething, today they sent me a letter saying they believe there’s a miscalculation on my 2020 form 1040, which affects the recovery rebate credit. They cut down $4700..

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies