Sonialouise1

Refund

It has been almost two months since I filed. 21 days is bs

Refund

@Sonialouise1  wrote:

Did you e-file your tax return and was it accepted?
Only the IRS and your State control when and if a Federal or State tax refund is Approved and Issued.

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

Note - Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.  Only the taxpayer listed on the tax return can obtain the status of a tax refund or a tax return.

To check the status of an e-filed return, open up your desktop product or log into your TurboTax Online Account. You can find your status within the TurboTax product.
If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds
If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Tonbl

Refund

No just said technical difficulties we are unable to take your call right now then the phone immediately hangs up.

Devans0714

Refund

@Tonblthe best time to get a live person at the IRS is the early morning.  They start taking calls at 7am EST.  You may get that message that due to high call volumes they are unable to take you call....keep trying.  Eventually they will put you in the call queue.  They have it set that they will only take a certain number of calls and once it gets to a certain volume they will not take additional calls and that automatic response and disconnect starts.

Sonialouise1

Refund

Thank you. I efiled on 1/28/20 and was accepted. I look up wheres my refund every day and it says they have received it and it's still processing. I called the IRS and the call volume is too high and couldn't help me 

Devans0714

Refund

@DoninGA, you do realize that your canned response is getting to the point that it is annoying.  Everyone knows what to do and most have done the steps mentioned above and more.  Asking someone did they followed the basic steps that everyone has followed that you so are so generously quoting above is now beyond ridiculous.  It is becoming insulting as you are implying that people do not know either how to file their taxes properly or do not know how to check the status or reach a live agent.  If that is the best advice you can give I would suggest you stop responding because it is becoming insulting to ask people the same canned questions over and over again.

Refund

@Devans0714 wrote:

Sorry you feel that way.  It has been my experience since I have been volunteering on these TurboTax customer/user forums for 10 years, that the majority of the users responding on these type of threads have NOT read the prior posts or they would not be asking the exact same question "where is my refund" on a thread where all of that information has been posted multiple times.  Therefore, when a user asks this type of question I will continue to respond and help them out as much as possible.

lstewart0312

Refund

May I ask if you had to send in documents to the IRS such as 1095A form etc.?? If so, it normally takes 3 1/2 weeks to receive your refund once the IRS receives your documents.

Mdyroff42

Refund

I tried that they still don’t answer

Devans0714

Refund

@lstewart0312, yes I faxed them the same day the IRS told me what was missing.  The reason, as I was told by the IRS, it takes the additional 4-8 weeks is that they have to manually input the information from the 1095A/8962 once they receive it because it is not there from TurboTax, HRBlock or whatever software you have used.  It appears that this issue is a systemic glitch that all these software companies did not adjust since the changes that were impacted this year before releasing their software for use.  It is really simple, basic programming.  In the program you can create an if/and clause on the server level.  If you answered yes to having healthcare through the affordable care act then it should have searched for the 1095A form, if the form was present then it should have transferred that information and create the 8962 form.  If the form was not present but you answered yes to the healthcare question you should have received an error message and stopped validating your return for submission.  I know for a fact this is missing because the same program I referenced above caught a different missing form for depreciation because I traded in my car and would not let me submit my return until the form was available.  It seems to me that these software companies did not do their research to see what changes were made this year and did not adjust their programs accordingly.

@DoninGA  All I am saying is that your canned response is not benefitting anyone.  I am sure that if you provided some additional information other than a cut/paste response it would be more beneficial.  You guys did not start using the instructions on this page until another user provided the information on how to contact the IRS directly.  Go back to page 1 and start from there.  You were not providing this information in the beginning, you just took it from another user and has been replicating the same response.  SMH...you guys can't even do your own homework.

Cobia7671

Refund

YES!! Thank you @Devans0714  preach it! I’m so sick of everyone giving TT an oops excuse. No that isn’t sufficient especially when I get an email stating TT wants their $230 I WASTED using their program and audit defense even though I STILL don’t have my refund. Where’s my audit defense right now?? No where to be found, I get It I’m not being audited but the should at least be helping speed the process along for me since TT made the mistake. 

Tonbl

Refund

You can call them and they will extend it out but they only wanna give you like 20days and this is turbo tax mess up here causing everyone's return to be delayed. I've been filing my taxes with them for 11 years and never ever will I use it again after this

Refund

@Devans0714 

Last comment concerning this.  I do not copy anyone's information and pass it off as mine.

See post from June 7, 2019 - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/wheres-my-refund-it-s-been-4-months-no-n...

lstewart0312

Refund

@Devans0714  Well good luck. I know so many people who are still waiting on their refunds and I feel for them. I faxed my 1095a form on Febr. 24 and they received it the next day. Exactly 3wks 2days I had my refund. Again good luck to all. 

Tonbl

Refund

Hopefully I have my soon. I faxed my stuff over on march 3rd but still no kind of update. Did yours update the day after you faxed it in?