Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Refund

That meant Santa Barbara has deducted the fees from your refund, and they will be depositing that amount on the date they show for the direct deposit date. 

They do not show anything until after they have received the refund. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Refund

Mine was accepted on 2/29 with excepted refund date of 2/19 I have called the IRS to no luck

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Refund

The estimated refund date within Turbo Tax is only estimated

You can track your return by checking the Where's My Refund website located here

If you elected to have your fees deducted from your refund, the IRS will send your return to Santa Barbara Bank, where they will deduct the fees and then deposit any remaining refund into your account. 

You can track your refund at the Santa Barbara website by clicking here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
DeeMo24

Refund

I have the same problem and I don’t know where to get help from, it’s a pain in the ars trying to ask IRS it’s nothing but a recording that you only can communicate with.

Refund

I field last year and waited 30 day before I call and they told me that they were going to need an additional 90 days to pay me i asked them why is this happening and they said it could be because it's your first time fielding or because I'm claiming a child  Dependency credit so I waited the 90 days and gave them a call and they told me again they might need an additional 90 days to complete there inspection but thankfully if came throw 30 days later all that waiting for nothing they move at the speed of **bleep** 

Refund

I called the IRS at 1800 829 1040 you have to hit 1 for English then 2 then 1 then 3 then 2 to get a agent. Which they wasn't any help she said it in the management department and they have 6 to 8 weeks to figureout when they will send the refund and I don't need to fill out any paperwork. But she didn't know why it was in management or what's going on so it was really nothing. 

Refund

I do not know when I’m gonna get my refund I filled fed 3 called last week they said my return was being reviewed and I need to wait 45days I have claimed the same kids been at the same job for years nothing has changed I checked wmr and it’s still saying processing 

Refund

Here are the instructions on how to get a IRS agent

1. Before you call, make sure you have all of the information that you need.
     - Social Security cards and birth dates for those who were on the return you are calling about.
     - An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number  letter if you don’t have a Social Security number 
     - Filing status – Single, Head of Household, Married Filing Joint or Married Filing Separate
     - Your prior-year tax return. We may need to verify your identity before answering certain questions
     - A copy of the tax return you’re calling about
     - Any letters or notices we sent you
  2. IRS Number 1 800 829 one 040 and they are available from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday thru Friday. The best time to call is early in the morning.
  3. The first question the automated system will ask you is to choose your language.
  4. Once you’ve set your language, do NOT choose Option 1 (regarding refund info). Choose option 2 for “Personal Income Tax” instead.
  5. Next, press 1 for “form, tax history, or payment”.
  6. Next, press 3 “for all other questions.”
  7. Next, press 2 “for all other questions.”
  8. When the system asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, do NOT enter anything.
  9. After it asks twice, you will be prompted with another menu.
  10. Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
  11. Finally, press 4 for all other inquiries. The system should then transfer you to an agent.

Refund

They told me 45 days too but IRS could not tell me when the 45 started which was so confusing and upsetting. She told me I would receive a letter March 16th and I called Feb 27. Did they tell you when the 45 days?

Refund

yes my 45 days started on March 9  this is after after they already have dad it for almost 7 weeks

Refund

I called yesterday she said the 45 day started yesterday. And if I don't receive it in the 45 days then have to submit a request for a refund with can take another 6 to 8 weeks to get she said.

The strange part is your calling the IRS but they have no answer on what exactly is the hold up well won't tell you what the problem is.

williegiz

Refund

YES, I FILED WITH TURBO TAX ON 1/29/2020 AND IT WAS ACCEPTED BUT THE SAME OLD STORY WITH IRS STATUS UPDATE (STILL PROCESSING LOL) MUST BE IRS IS QUARENTINED WITH THE VIRUS LOL!

williegiz

Refund

OW CAN YOU ACCTUALY TALK TO SOMEONE FROM THE IRS?

Refund

@williegiz wrote:

OW CAN YOU ACCTUALY TALK TO SOMEONE FROM THE IRS?

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 4 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Refund

Yes they in lock down we should offer them zinc and hand sanitizer so they can finish or tax refund 🤣🤣

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies