turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Jcotrell

Refund

Yes I'm having the same problem an can not get answer as to why

Refund

So my question is alot of ppl are getting there refund w no updates. I have only your refund is being processed however tax trans we req came today can anyone tell me where this code should be. They told us we are under random review the transcripts I rec are tax trans and accounting trans. Where am i looking at to see a codealso it states processing feb 24th it also has a date of 3 9 3020. Please help me shed light on this

Refund

Happened to me to three years in a row... All the years it happened I didn't get my refund till middle or late April but you will get it if you don't have an offset

emmegmo

Refund

WMR said it mailed my refund on the 28th of Feb. I opted for DD via Santa Barbara Bank - same account with no changes from previous years. How will my funds for filing get paid and why would I get a check instead of DD? So weird.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Refund

This usually happens when the following things occur:

• The financial institution that you bank with rejected the direct deposit from the IRS.
  • Or the account number you entered may have been wrong 
  • Or the name on the account may not have matched what was on your return 
  • If a bank account has already received 3 direct-deposits from the IRS, any additional deposit requests will instead be mailed out as refund checks.
  • You requested to have your refund direct-deposited into a foreign account

If any of those occur, the bank sends your refund back to the IRS. And then the IRS will then re-process the refund, cut a check, and send it by mail to the address on your return.  Same with your state refund.

If you owe Turbo Tax fees, you will receive an email with instructions on how to pay your fees. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Refund

I filed feb 3rd 2020 I claimed the earn income credit wmr still saying my return is being processed when will they update I’m getting very frustrated 

jsamdavis75
Returning Member

Refund

Hope is in sight. I filed and return was accepted 1/27 with EITC. For the longest time the WMR only showed that is was processing. On 2/28 I received letter that I was selected to verify and to allow up to 60 days to review. Then on the next day 2/29, I checked WMR again and the status bar was visible again and stated approved and that refund would be deposited on 3/4.    So, in my opinion 60 days doesn't necessarily mean 60 days, but it's allowing them plenty of time to take their time.

Refund

ITS NOT US... ITS THEM (IRS) 
Everyone I know with EITC / CTC are also delayed. The only filers I’ve spoken to who have received their refund are single filers with no tax credits claimed. 
Plus, a few people I know are also getting letters from the IRS ONE got a letter about identity verification, TWO got a letter saying they need to provide additional information, to confirm their dependents etc... Which he claims every other year, and NO, no other person claims them but myself. And THREE received a letter today saying her refund has been picked for further review, and she should expect a 60 day delay, and that the IRS does not need any additional information, and not to call them unless she does not see her refund within the 60 days.She filed her same jobs w2, same address and same dependents as she claims every year, and this is unnecessary BS.  And finally FOURTH FILER, “myself” filed my taxes on the 27th, before 1, 2, & 3 yet I’ve not seen any indication on my status regarding my DDD. It says my tax return was accepted, and is being processed. No status bar and no code criteria. So I’m just assuming that I’ll get my refund by March 8th as they indicate on the IRS website. Or like the others, will get a letter, with an excuse on why my refund will be delayed. IM STARTING TO THINK THAT THE IRS IS EITHER SHORT STAFFED, OR A BUNCH OF  ROOKIES, AND THEYRE GIVING EVERYONE EXCUSES TO MAKE UP FOR THE DELAY... This tax season is definitely not going as smooth as it normally has in all our tax filing years. LAME’ 

Refund

I know, usually I file with hrblock on the DIY website, but I think they have a better “final review” software, because all of us here used turbo tax this year and are all having different issues. Upon looking over our tax files I caught a few mistakes that should have been caught and pointed out to us upon filing, as they do at the end prior to completion and filing. Like the child dependent address being different than the filer. Because their w2’s were imported and all the information was brought with it. Their address which was entered manually at the start of their filing is the current address, however on a portion of the files it lists the old address under his dependents, which must of been from the w2 info that was imported. When the last over view was offered prior to submitting the file, there was no indication of the old address, nor did the turbo tax “checking for mistakes” over view catch it. Now he’s being asked to forward documents to confirm that his dependents eligibility. Which in reality they are and he does support and live in like address. But according to the tax eligibility requirements he technically doesn’t meet the criteria. He has claimed them every other year for the last 6, 7 years but because this technical error, it’s being tested. Now we can submit all requested documents, but will they deny his dependent claim? It’s my fiancé, which we lived together for almost 8 years. I let him claim my son and my niece every other year since my niece lives with us and we are their sole providers, but because they’re neither blood related, nor related by legal marriage. That does not fall under the qualifications which the IRS requires, for dependent credits, EITC etc... Which we are only learning this, now. It’s very annoying, because I would of claimed them had I knew this would be an issue. I should of stuck with hrblock. Never had an issue filing on there fee DIY site. 😕 

Refund

It actually easy to verify he and you and your kids all lived in the house. You kust need school records  house bills ect  stating you all had the same adress all tear at least 6months  just do a amendment

Refund

I applied and got an advance loan through turbo tax. I filed on the 28, my federal was accepted on the same day, and my digital funds were on my digital “turbo tax” online account, which I set up, once my taxes were filed. I had $1500 advanced on the 29th of January, which was cool... I linked that account to my wallet (Apple Pay) and I was good to go for a minute... Literally lol. Pay bills, are out, online shopping.... Then broke in 4, 5 days thinking my refund would hit my bank soon... Still waiting!!!! 😕

Refund

What does your status indicate, on the it’s site? Mine says, accepted and process. But no status bar, and no Tex code, etc... Just to check back there blah blah blah... Just wondering! Thanks ps I filed jan 28 with EITC, etc...

Refund

It’s on the irs.gov website. Scroll through there and click earned income credit, or refund questions, etc.. 

Refund

Same!! 😕

Refund

Did you ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies