After you file

I know, usually I file with hrblock on the DIY website, but I think they have a better “final review” software, because all of us here used turbo tax this year and are all having different issues. Upon looking over our tax files I caught a few mistakes that should have been caught and pointed out to us upon filing, as they do at the end prior to completion and filing. Like the child dependent address being different than the filer. Because their w2’s were imported and all the information was brought with it. Their address which was entered manually at the start of their filing is the current address, however on a portion of the files it lists the old address under his dependents, which must of been from the w2 info that was imported. When the last over view was offered prior to submitting the file, there was no indication of the old address, nor did the turbo tax “checking for mistakes” over view catch it. Now he’s being asked to forward documents to confirm that his dependents eligibility. Which in reality they are and he does support and live in like address. But according to the tax eligibility requirements he technically doesn’t meet the criteria. He has claimed them every other year for the last 6, 7 years but because this technical error, it’s being tested. Now we can submit all requested documents, but will they deny his dependent claim? It’s my fiancé, which we lived together for almost 8 years. I let him claim my son and my niece every other year since my niece lives with us and we are their sole providers, but because they’re neither blood related, nor related by legal marriage. That does not fall under the qualifications which the IRS requires, for dependent credits, EITC etc... Which we are only learning this, now. It’s very annoying, because I would of claimed them had I knew this would be an issue. I should of stuck with hrblock. Never had an issue filing on there fee DIY site. 😕