Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund

By chance did you have a 1095 A form to fill out, if so, IRS is requiring people to submit their 1095 A form before refund is issued. This happened to me. Filed 1-12-20 accepted 1-27 and just got a letter on 2-22 asking for me to submit my 1095A form and a 8962. There are also people that are having to submit proof of identity.. Good luck

Refund

By chance did you have a 1095 A form to fill out, if so, IRS is requiring people to submit their 1095 A form before refund is issued. This happened to me. Filed 1-12-20 accepted 1-27 and just got a letter on 2-22 asking for me to submit my 1095A form and a 8962. There are also people that are having to submit proof of identity.. Good luck

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund

Please keep in mind when handling the 8962 form.

• Respond promptly.
    • If you disagree with the IRS, respond with an explanation—and with the item(s) they're requesting.
  • You don't need to complete or send a Form 1040X (amended tax return) to the IRS.
    • Send page 2 of your 1040 only if the refund or owed amount has changed.

Please refer to the article below for instructions on how to fill out a 8962 form.

The IRS is requesting Form 8962 for 2019 - Community

Edited 2/28/20

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Refund

I called the IRS and they said because I have EICT they review it. It’s just going to take longer. I hope not too long. 

Refund

Have you received your refund yet??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refund

In an attempt to protect individual tax filers, the IRS enacted the PATH act. This may be causing a slight delay for many tax filers.  See this FAQ for more information regarding  Where's my Refund.

Refund

I need to know if I am good to get my refund and  approximately when it will be put into my

bank account

Refund

No Federal,no state

Refund

What number did you use? All the numbers that I have called is giving me only automated service.. I’ve yet to speak with a representative.

Refund

@MVPonder2020 wrote:

What number did you use? All the numbers that I have called is giving me only automated service.. I’ve yet to speak with a representative.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund

@caroljcaroljcarolj 

You can check to see if your return was successfully filed, check your e-file status. If no status is showing then the return was not completed and submitted. 

If you don't see a status, go through the TurboTax File section again. Be sure to go all the way to the end and select Transmit my returns now.

If your return does show a status, then once "Accepted" within 24 hours you can start tracking your refund on the IRS  Where’s My Federal Refund? site.

Where’s My Refund? has a tracker that displays progress through 3 stages:

(1) Return Accepted "Received," (2) Refund Approved and (3) Refund Sent.

The IRS expects to issue most refunds in less than 21 days after being accepted. Turbotax gives an estimated date based on the IRS's 21 day timeframe. So it all depends on the IRS and how fast your tax return moves along in the system. TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS.

When will I get my IRS tax refund?

Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Refund

Thanks! That’s the number I used!

Refund

You have to call the irs wait an then press 652 don’t press anything until they ask u for the extension number 

Refund

@sierrapeaks  What number did you call to speak to someone? All the numbers I called are automated only!

Refund

@MVPonder2020 wrote:

@sierrapeaks  What number did you call to speak to someone? All the numbers I called are automated only!

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies