Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund Advance Loan Questions!?

This is crazy.

I filed 1/13. Recieved card, set account up. Yes, I picked the advance loan. Prequallified for 1500. Approved today. Then received an email saying I was denied. No reason stated. No emails in between on updates or explanations. Last time I use turbotax. 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@fulk8736  Did your denial email contain contact information?  If so, you can contact First Century Bank, N.A. if you have additional questions about the decision.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

No the denial letter was from greendot and has no information on it. I feel like I was scammed by turbo tax I have used turbo tax for years and this will be the last.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If your your application couldn’t be approved for help, visit TurboDebitCard.com or call us toll-free at (888) 285-4169. 

Speaking with them over the phone will allow you to get the reason you were unable to be approved for the Green Dot card, and if unable to get the green dot card this would affect the refund advance. 

cjblunt

When filing mine it said i got approved for a $500 advancement. That i will get a prepaid Visa card. I later checked my email and i got an email from Greendot saying I was not approved. No number or no one can help. I'm waiting to see if someone will help. I have used Turbo tax the last few yrs and usually do direct deposit to my account. The only reason why the prepaid card was chosen was for the advance loan. I called the Turbo tax customer service and the lady repeatedly told me that the IRS we're the ones that was giving me an advancement and to call them. I have no other way to contact Turbotax and my sister who works for the IRS suggested i call the FTC and IRS Fraud to make them aware of what happened. Can someone please help?

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

For questions concerning why you may not have been approved for the refund advance, please see the following TurboTax FAQ: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

oshah09
Returning Member

I e filed my returns yesterday at 8:03pm. My federal and state was accepted around 1am this morning. I received an email from turbo tax debit card (green dot) around noon today saying that I was approved and funds have been deposited to my account. Hope this helps!

Cv3
Level 3

I was also pre approved an then denied in an email that you can’t reply back to and no one to talk to. I got it last year and nothing has changed it seems not to many people got the loan. 

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Tax Customer care information has been provided below so you can speak with someone about your account. https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Me too so what does that mean

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@Vanessa36  Can you provide more detail about the exact issue you are experiencing?

LinL
Level 2

Still waiting on that email....

LinL
Level 2

Agreed. I feel it's a ploy to get us to pay additional fees and then pawn us off on green dot. Must be getting some kickbacks.

It will "pre qualify" us for the loan and I guess let us know if we get it once the irs accepts it, which they start accepting refund Feb 12th. So you wouldn't see any money until the IRS accept your refund. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Correct. The refund advance cannot be approved until after the IRS accepts the return. Currently any return submitted is sitting in line waiting on the IRS to open their doors. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies