Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Jsvild
Returning Member

Refiled tax did not apply our 2021 Payment show outstanding balance

We filed our 2021 Tax and then Turbo Tax expert reviewed and refiled. Gov site still shows our Payment and the outstanding balance after the refile.  We need them to apply the payment 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Ok ... so did you file a return with a balance due on it ?   And then sent in an amended return before you paid the original balance due and the IRS finished processing the original return? 

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Since a TurboTax expert filed something for you, you must be using TurboTax Live Full Service. Contact your TurboTax Live Full Service expert to straighten out the payment issue. It's part of the service that you paid for.

Jsvild
Returning Member

No.  Refiled after Government made a correction and Turbo Tax Expert help me refile to clean up some additional forms that weren't needed on the original filing.  Now Payment show in IRS Payment tab and Outstanding Balance show refiled 1040 with an Outstanding Balance less than the Payment.  It's like it isn't being applied, even though we received confirmation on the IRS withdrawal from our bank. 

Jsvild
Returning Member

No, do to the IRS audit correction, the help desk connected me with a CPA from Turbo Tax

Jsvild
Returning Member

Can Turbo Tax generate a letter that we've received Confirmation on 2021 Payment, please apply this directly to the refiled 1040?

TT can do no such thing and your post is getting more confusing ... please call TT support to talk to someone in real time ...  

Contact Customer Service
5am-5pm Pacific Time Monday -Friday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Or did you add Turbo Tax Live?  How to connect to an expert in Turbo Tax Live

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/expert-review/help/how-do-i-connect-with-a-tax-expert-in-turbotax-...

Jsvild
Returning Member

I had talked with someone from TT multiple times, but they said I needed to speak w a Tax Expert. I wrote a Certified letter yesterday and explained the Payment was received in full. Please apply this to our amended return 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies