turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Telephone number changed

I can't login in because my cellphone number changed

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

17 Replies

Telephone number changed

I stopped working May 15 of this year I’m a Lyft driver. I did not want to be exposed to COVID-19. Love you saving any money from March until present. I have not collected anything whatsoever.

Telephone number changed

@ssunshine007 Do you have a question for the TurboTax user forum?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Telephone number changed

Who I thought was a friend Ashley Nichol said she would help me with my unemployment my taxes and since I stopped working in March of this year because of the COVID-19. Let’s just say she helped her self she had a debit card from Bank of America mailed to her address and she spent all the money. She hacked into my Amazon my eBay account T-Mobile account. I’ve talk to the police I want her to get arrested they would only give me an an incident report E 6750277.From what I understand she committed A couple Felonise. So I have not received anything from anywhere. I’ve had to sell my bed set I don’t even know what I’m gonna sell next my clothes? I just wanna know if I’m gonna have any funds coming to me even though Ashley took my money?

Telephone number changed

@ssunshine007 Sorry----we cannot tell you if you will receive an income tax refund.  That has already been explained to you.  Income tax refunds are based on paying more tax than you owe.  If you did not pay any income tax by having tax withheld from paychecks in 2020 then you should not expect a 2020tax refund when you file a 2020 return in 2021--since there will nothing from which to issue a refund.  You have a LOT of other posts, and have mentioned driving for Lyft.  If you were doing that then you were not having tax withheld.  You are very unlikely to receive an income tax refund for 2020, unless, as I mentioned in an earlier post, you get a small amount of child-related credit if you have a dependent child or children.

TurboTax cannot help with the problem you are having with your "friend" who you believe stole money from you.  If you have reason to believe there was any fraud involving your income tax return or your Social Security number, report the identity theft to the IRS:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900655-what-to-do-if-you-suspect-tax-related-identity-theft

Most important) Follow the IRS procedures for reporting a fraudulent return, documented here: www.irs.gov/uac/Taxpayer-Guide-to-Identity-Theft

IRS INFORMATION REFERRAL TO REPORT VIOLATION OF TAX LAW

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f3949a.pdf

If your Social Security number is compromised and you know or suspect you are a victim of tax-related identity theft, take these additional steps:

• Respond immediately to any IRS notice; call the number provided.
  • Complete IRS Form 14039, Identity Theft Affidavit. Then print and mail or fax according to the instructions. 
  • Continue to pay your taxes and file your tax return, even if you must do so by paper.

ONE of your other threads:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/intuit-turbo-support/help/how-much-money-am-i-going-to-get-back-si...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
oh00736
Returning Member

Telephone number changed

My old number is on the account and I don't have it on anymore it was [phone number removed] my phone number now is [phone number removed]

I cant get in my account because it wants to send an text confirmation to my old phone

Telephone number changed

@oh00736 wrote:

My old number is on the account and I don't have it on anymore it was [phone number removed] my phone number now is [phone number removed]

I cant get in my account because it wants to send an text confirmation to my old phone

See this TurboTax support FAQ for updating your TurboTax account - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-updates/help/how-do-i-update-my-turbotax-account-informati...

Gramsue57
Returning Member

Telephone number changed

Thanks 

rashw1

Telephone number changed

My teleohone number has changed from [social security number removed] to [phone number removed]

rashw1

Telephone number changed

number changed from [phone number removed] to [phone number removed]

Telephone number changed

@rashw1 wrote:

number changed from [phone number removed] to [phone number removed]

See this TurboTax support FAQ for updating your TurboTax account - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-updates/help/how-do-i-update-my-turbotax-account-informati...

Telephone number changed

I have a new cell phone number and unable to log in.

Telephone number changed

Yes my number has changed sense the one that you had on file

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Telephone number changed

@alanam391980 Update your information using the form in the following Help Article, and make certain to select the checkbox next to "Please add my phone number to my account:"  Account Recovery Request for your TurboTax Account

We'll process your request during our regular business hours (8 a.m. - 5 p.m. PST, Monday-Friday).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Olanre31

Telephone number changed

need help changing my number 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies