Re: People with cycle code 20200705 and processing... - Page 40

People with cycle code 20200705 and processing date 03/2 POST HERE!!! EITC/ACTC/and PATHers

I got a letter March 9 for 45 days, another March  23 for 60 days, but I had already contacted a Tax Advocate. 

They didn’t have my wage info from my employer. Sent a letter from them with my wage info in on March 20. By that point, the IRS had gone to a skeleton crew and the TA office in my state was working from home. 

The TA finally had it released from a person there at the IRS to be deposited tomorrow. But it took that long. What should have taken a week-2 weeks from March 20 took almost 6. Just be realistic in time expectations. They are reviewing refunds; it’s just a much slower process and it isn’t like it was before. 

just wanted to post my update! 

How did u get them to release it?? 

@Mcbeast215  My refund wasn’t held due to my employer not submitting my wage info. I say this is BS, but they couldn’t verdict my W2 against my return. My tax advocate, which I called the week of March 9 when I got my letter, told me this and gave me instructions. (Have my company write a letter and fax it to her) She had them release it because she put the info in front of someone. It’s what the advocates do. 

@mmw0315  Did your tax advocate give you a fax number? When I called my local tax advocate they advised me that they needed confirmation of my husbands employment from his employer. I have the letter but no idea to to send it to!

@SWharton516 @Yes, mine gave me a fax number. And she was able to access the fax while working from home. 

@mmw0315 was the fax number for your advocate or for the IRS? 

@SWharton516  either directly the tax advocate or the local advocate office