turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

payment

I filed 4/9/2021. My payment to fed has not been debited.  I may  have not put in date for sending fed payment.  How do I get into my return to find out.?  It won't let me past screen that says my returns have been accepted.  Can I still use Turbo tax to send in my payment?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

payment

In a normal season, the IRS will debit your account on the date you specified or soon after.  We have had several reports of the IRS not debiting accounts on the scheduled date. Just be patient -- the IRS will take your money!

If you want to check the debit date you specified, look on the filing instructions for your return.  It will tell you the debit date the IRS or State will deduct the payment.  If you did not print them out you can view them using the following steps:

TurboTax Online

To get back into your return after printing or e-filing, please follow these steps:

1. In TurboTax Online, sign into your account.
  2. You should be on your Tax Home page.
  3. Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
  4. Select 2020, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you into the right menu).
  5. Once you're in your return, you can navigate around as usual.
  6. Click Tax Tools (in the black bar on the left of your screen) and then click select Print Center.
  7. Click Print, save or preview this year's return

TurboTax CD/Download

1. Go into Forms Mode by clicking on the Forms icon in the top right of the blue bar
  2. In the Forms in My Return list on the left, click Filing Inst.  [It's usually toward the bottom of the list.]  The form will appear on the right side of the screen.
  3. You can view the form on the screen or you can print a copy by clicking the Print box at the bottom of the screen.
  4. To return to the interview, click on the Step-By-Step icon in the top right of the blue bar.  

payment

Finally! No wonder you are Expert! I was able to navigate to filling instruction page using your direction. It says I opted to pay by direct debit. Frustratingly, date of withdrawal is blank! I wanted to verify the date I chose to pay. Any more pearls of wisdom? 

AmyC
Expert Alumni

payment

The money is not due until May 17 and many people select that day. You can call the IRS payments department at 800-316-6541. If the IRS takes the money after that date- a day or two, it is not late since they set up the debit and date.

@Jarrel

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies