turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Over at irs.gov to file for an OPP & it has a drop-down so I can select which form I filed. 1040 is not there... these are the options. 940 941 9xx xxx xxx xxxx 1120 2290

Not sure which to select from the drop-down menu. Please advise.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BillM223
Expert Alumni

Over at irs.gov to file for an OPP & it has a drop-down so I can select which form I filed. 1040 is not there... these are the options. 940 941 9xx xxx xxx xxxx 1120 2290

Sorry, I did not realize that you were looking for a payment plan.

As I said, if you filed your business using Schedule C on a 1040, then you would apply under "Individual Payment Plan".

This is because your "business" is part of an individual return and not a separate business return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

9 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

What is an OPP? What are you trying to do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Online payment program. Trying to set up my account. It asked which form I filed, but 1040 is not listed in the dropdown menu. Could it be that even though I own a small business (llc) that I need to do the OPP as an individual instead of a business? Just didn't know which option to choose and it won't let me move beyond that screen without it.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

Thanks.

Is this LLC a single member LLC that you filed using Schedule C on the 1040? Then this is OK to pay as for a 1040.

Go to Payments

If you choose Bank Account (Direct Pay), then you can choose Make a Payment.

On the next screen the Reason for Payment is Tax Return or Notice or Extension (whichever), the Apply Payment to is 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, and the Tax Period for Payment is 2019...assuming that meshes with what you want to do.

I assume that if you choose the Credit Card step several screens back, you will see a similar dialogue.

Does that work for you?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This doesn't seem like it's a payment plan... just to make random payments. I am looking to pay back over time. Yes, single member LLC. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is where I was... https://www.irs.gov/payments/online-payment-agreement-application

I was trying to do it as a business... but now I am thinking I have to do it as an individual since 1040 was not an option on the drop down menu. Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 11.05.33 AM.png

BillM223
Expert Alumni

Sorry, I did not realize that you were looking for a payment plan.

As I said, if you filed your business using Schedule C on a 1040, then you would apply under "Individual Payment Plan".

This is because your "business" is part of an individual return and not a separate business return.

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you!

BillM223
Expert Alumni

You are most welcome. Good luck with it!

This is exactly the answer to my question. Now I don’t have to wait on hold for over an  hour. Thank you so much!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies