turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Over a month ago my tax return was accepted. I owed some money and they took it out 11 days ago. Now they sent me a cp60 saying I owe that money again?

the cp60 is dated three days from now. I don’t understand how I can owe this much money and why this process is taking so long and is so difficult.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Over a month ago my tax return was accepted. I owed some money and they took it out 11 days ago. Now they sent me a cp60 saying I owe that money again?

For further assistance with this issue, please see the FAQ link provided below on understanding your CP60 notice:

Understanding your CP60 Notice

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yeah I already read that. The first thing I did was read that.

However, I’m saying I already paid the amount they’re asking of me. Not to mention I received the letter on the 26th but it’s dated to be mailed on the 29th. I’m asking because I don’t believe I owe them that much money and I wanted to know if the letter could have been sent in error because they initially had issues with my routing number but that ended up resolved. I asked here because they’re closed on weekends and even when they aren’t closed it’s nearly impossible to get through on the phone.

you should respond to the notice in writing saying you already paid that amount on such-and-such date.

Include you bank statement as evidence.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies