Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening NOW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

On a cp12 notice, does my refund come 4-6 weeks from the date on the notice?

Has anyone gotten there refund after receiving cp-12 notice? And was is a check or did I happen to actually be direct deposited? 🤔 I received notice 8/23/21 and I files 3/21/21 and it impossible to actually talk to a person from irs. Please lmk asap. If it takes 4-6 weeks from the notices it sucks but at least it's coming if it's gonna be longer it would be amazing if I could hear for someone else's experience that got there's to know a general time frame or if I shouldn't get my hopes up and think it actually coming anytime soon. Thanks!!

I've been waiting since may 10 filed feb 12th

I received refund before notice came. Nothing normal this year.

I received money in my account over a week ago and just got this letter today. The money was a bit different. Anybody get their money before the letter and is the letter value EXACTLY the same as what’s deposited?

Id be happy to just get mine.  Still waiting filled February 12th

I received a cp12 on August 16th saying 4-6 weeks..taxes were originally accepted on 4/1…I can’t get a hold of actual person and I honestly am starting to believe I’m never going to get my money!! 

I received a CP12 notice 3/7/22, but owe taxes for 2015, can I pay the balance from my refund and long will it take to get my refunded balance

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

A CP12 Notice is sent when the IRS corrects one or more mistakes on your tax return which either result in a different refund amount, or the amount owed.  From your post, it appears that you are scheduled to receive a refund however if you owe back taxes, and the refund is less than what you owe you will not receive any refund, the IRS will take all your refunds to pay your tax bill until it's paid off. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The refund is more then the taxes owed so how long will it take to receive my refund notice was sent 3/7/22

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Per the IRS, if you agree with the changes and do not respond to the notice, you should receive a refund check in 4-6 weeks, as long as you don't owe other tax or debts that the IRS is required to collect.

StephB691

I received a cp12 notice then a couple days after I received a cp05. I don’t understand this at all

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the Help Article here on what to do if you received a notice from the IRS.  

Je94

Hi I have a question, do filing an amended return weeks after of filing my original return puts a hold on my original tax refund if I haven’t received it yet? I received an cp12 notice today about the adjustment of my original return but nothing about the amended.  Thanks in a advance. 

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Amending your return won't delay your original refund, however, if you're amending to claim more money, the IRS says to wait until you've received your original refund before filing an amendment.

Will amending delay my original tax refund?

onsgeldok

I received my CP12 notice on 11/15/2021 and as of today, 4/8/2022 I have not received the refund. What would you propose I do now?

Nico

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies