Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening NOW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

On a cp12 notice, does my refund come 4-6 weeks from the date on the notice?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

69 Replies
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Yes. Per the IRS, if you agree with the changes and do not respond to the notice, you should receive a refund check in 4-6 weeks, as long as you don't owe other tax or debts that the IRS is required to collect.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks! I have heard mixed messages on the 4-6 weeks from the date on the cp12 notice.  So I will keep waiting since my letter was dated 4/19 and it's not been 4 weeks yet.

Trojangirl15: I called IRS and told my letter will be dated May 31. That's 11 days from when I called. So apparently we are in same boat but you are before me. Did your WMR ever update with a direct deposit date?  And did you receive refund.  I had filed February 24.

Rash30

Did you ever get your return?

Yes. And much faster then the 4 to 6 weeks. Total time from filing was 3 months and a couple if days. I have not seen CP12 letter yet but I live abroad and mail takes a long time. I think it was about 2 weeks since knowing there was an adjustment. Tge 4 to 6 weeks did not seem to apply but it is the standard answer IRS gives. Nothing standard this year.

tvcranes

Have you received your refund yet?

Yes. And apparently the 4 to 6 weeks did not apply. Nothing normal this year. I have not received the cp12 notice but I live abroad and mail takes long time. I received refund 3 months and a few days after acceptance, and within 2 weeks of knowing that a cp12 letter was being issued. I have direct deposit.

tvcranes

Filed end of February, received cp12 notice of adjustment on April,26th saying that I'd receive my refund in 4-6 weeks..... Still waiting, and I have direct deposit as well.

@tvcranes that is so frustrating. I am sorry you hear. That is an incredibly long time. But I would call if I was you. Maybe you can get more info.

Westjake

I received a cp 12 4 months ago and still haven't received my taxes ? Anyone know why I don't owe anything

I got mine in April!  Still haven't received anything! Every time I call they say mid August the soonest.  I have not received any other notices, etc.

I received a notice dated June 7th, 2021. Today is 8/9 and I still haven't received my refund. I have tried to call several times, but always end up getting an automated message that due to high call volumes my call cannot be accepted and I should call back another time. I also have direct deposit, but the letter makes it wound like a check will be mailed. Has anyone received their CP12 refund by direct deposit, or have they all been by check?

@ccawtry , I received by direct deposit. 

TheKid83
Returning Member

No

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies