turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bcurtis23

No Refund

Hello, Turbo Tax said my tax information was improved on 2/1/2020 and the estimated time I should receive the refund is on 2/22/2020. I have yet to receive the money, but when I check on the IRS page to see when the exact date is, they don't have any information on file. What could be the problem?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

No Refund

This is normal. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

What does pending mean.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-pending-mean/00/26331

Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS. https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/use-the-wheres-my-refund-tool

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
cwtx72
Returning Member

No Refund

I starting my 10th week, no refund yet, it keeps telling me "being processed".  Several people I know or have talk to have gotten there's  in 3 weeks or less even e=filing there's after me.  If this goes on is there I can call and talk to. 

No Refund

@cwtx72 wrote:

I starting my 10th week, no refund yet, it keeps telling me "being processed".  Several people I know or have talk to have gotten there's  in 3 weeks or less even e=filing there's after me.  If this goes on is there I can call and talk to. 

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 4 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Manage cookies