turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My tax return was filed and refund sent to bank. The routing number was wrong so bank sent it back. IRS said to contact you to fix. How do i do this; I need my money?

How can i fix the routing number on my tax return?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

My tax return was filed and refund sent to bank. The routing number was wrong so bank sent it back. IRS said to contact you to fix. How do i do this; I need my money?

If your refund by direct deposit is rejected by the bank, the IRS will automatically send a paper check to your address within 2 to 3 weeks.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

TurboTax does not get your refund when the bank declines the deposit. The IRS misinforms people about this.

If you had your TurboTax fees paid from your federal refund and the bank declined the deposit, then the bank that performs the service to take your fees from your refund gets the refund back. They then issue a paper check and mail it to you at the address on your tax return. The bank is SBTPG. Here is how to contact them: https://taxpayer.sbtpg.com/login

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies