turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My tax refund status on it's said sent on February 5th now when I tryed to call it says there is a problem with processing my refund. Could it be a glitch. When get refun

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

My tax refund status on it's said sent on February 5th now when I tryed to call it says there is a problem with processing my refund. Could it be a glitch. When get refun

Did you select direct deposit as an option for your refund?  If so, go back and review your information to check and see what was entered.  You can do that by following the link below.  Keep in mind, you can't change the information that is already in the system.  If it is incorrect, the IRS will re-process as a check and mail it to you.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/what-if-i-entered-the-wrong-bank-account-for-direct-d...

If the information is correct, call your bank first to see if there is any issues on their end.  If not, you will need to call the IRS.  To reach out to the IRS, please see the below instructions:

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions." 

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks Heather,

Now that I have done that and spoken to someone the IRS stated that my refund and the funds was direct deposited to the account turbo tax had it routed to in order for them to receive there fees for helping with tax filing process however turbo tax bank has rejected the refund and then sent it back to them so now it has places my IRS tax Credit under review for at least 90 days before recieveing a paper check 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies