turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lugo757-

My state and federal were both accepted how long is the wait before they mail out my checks?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My state and federal were both accepted how long is the wait before they mail out my checks?

No one here would have your information regarding your return. Was your e-filed return accepted?   Accepted means your return passed the basic identity verification.  

The IRS states that most taxpayers will receive their refund within 21 days (business days) of when their return was accepted, as long as you have e-filed, choose direct deposit, & there is no errors in your return.  States differ when they issue refunds.

Once your return(s) get accepted, you can check the status of your Federal refund on the IRS website,  Where's My Refund, updates only once a day.  It may take a while before your information shows on the IRS website, Where's My Refund, the IRS is very busy now with the start of the tax season.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If you have a state refund, see the following:

How do I track my state refund?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

View solution in original post

To add:  When you are receiving your refund by check, it can take a couple weeks to receive your refund.  Also, see the following:

• February 22. Projected date for the IRS.gov Where's My Refund tool being updated for those claiming EITC and ACTC, also referred to as PATH Act returns.

• First week of March. Tax refunds begin reaching those claiming EITC and ACTC (PATH Act returns) for those who file electronically with direct deposit and there are no issues with their tax returns.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

No one here would have your information regarding your return. Was your e-filed return accepted?   Accepted means your return passed the basic identity verification.  

The IRS states that most taxpayers will receive their refund within 21 days (business days) of when their return was accepted, as long as you have e-filed, choose direct deposit, & there is no errors in your return.  States differ when they issue refunds.

Once your return(s) get accepted, you can check the status of your Federal refund on the IRS website,  Where's My Refund, updates only once a day.  It may take a while before your information shows on the IRS website, Where's My Refund, the IRS is very busy now with the start of the tax season.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If you have a state refund, see the following:

How do I track my state refund?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

To add:  When you are receiving your refund by check, it can take a couple weeks to receive your refund.  Also, see the following:

• February 22. Projected date for the IRS.gov Where's My Refund tool being updated for those claiming EITC and ACTC, also referred to as PATH Act returns.

• First week of March. Tax refunds begin reaching those claiming EITC and ACTC (PATH Act returns) for those who file electronically with direct deposit and there are no issues with their tax returns.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies