Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My refund is still pending after a week

Mine is at 12days

@Stephaniejones wrote:

Mine is at 12days

Your tax return is Pending because the IRS will not be accepting or rejecting any 2019 tax return until the IRS starts receiving 2019 tax returns on and after January 27

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

If you're not accepted today, you unfortunately missed both test batches and will not be accepted until the 27th or after.  The iRS has been processing refunds for some lucky filers, my co-worker updated to the second bar on where's my refund at 6:30 this morning and has a direct deposit date for Monday, January 27th.  These so called high-level- contributors are giving you the IRS textbook answers.  smh

I’ve been pending since 01/16

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

The IRS will start processing the backlog of e-filed returns on January 27. The IRS always processes a test batch about a week before the official processing date. These returns do not necessarily follow the "first in, first out" rule; instead, they are selected to test specific scenarios such as itemized returns, returns that contain a certain form, and so forth.

When will the IRS start accepting e-filed returns

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
j_e_n_n_a_l
Returning Member

im at 7 days now, has anyone whos return was still pending been accepted by IRS yet? 

@j_e_n_n_a_l wrote:

im at 7 days now, has anyone whos return was still pending been accepted by IRS yet? 

Your tax returns will remain Pending until the IRS starts receiving tax returns. It may be several days after the IRS start date before your tax return gets accepted or rejected.

Go to this IRS website for the official start date - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

Brieezer

Mine has been pending since Jan 12th. 

Have you been accepted yet? Mine had been pending since 1/13 and no reject or accept email yet 

mine changed status today that the IRS received it but has not rejected it or accepted. so it shows IRS PENDING. 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you e-filed your return in January, it'll stay in Pending status until the IRS starts processing the backlog of returns. 

Please refer to the following help article for the details on your pending status.

What does pending mean? 

Here's more information about an accepted return. 

What does accepted mean?

Also mine was rejected on the 27th and resubmitted by mistake the wrong one again and it's been pending since then. Over the 48 hours and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Did the IRS accept your return yet? 

Did the irs ever accept your refund

MoniqueLO
Intuit Alumni

Your e-filed return will remain in pending status until it is either accepted or rejected by the government. Please see below for more information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/can-i-cancel-a-pending-return/00/25957

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies