turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

elamj
Returning Member

My federal return was accepted on the 12th of February, 27 days ago and there has not been a refund issued yet?

My state return has arrived I cant talk to a live person on tubo tax or the irs. Tried every way possible
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Charles97
Returning Member

My federal return was accepted on the 12th of February, 27 days ago and there has not been a refund issued yet?

Even though I have no answer to the problem just wanted you to know I’m in the same boat been 33days since it was accepted for me just wanted you to know you’re not alone hopefully we get answers soon

Prez1210

I'm in the exact same situation.  It's compounded by the fact that I made over $70K in 2019 and only $30K in 2020.  I'm worried that I won't get the stimulus payment because they'll use my 2019 taxes.  The timer is counting down...

Cynthiad66
Employee Tax Expert

Use this link to check on the status of your refund.  Where's My Refund

TurboTax is a Tax preparation tool, so once you prepare and submit your return to IRS, TurboTax is no longer involved.  TurboTax does not issue refunds or know when they are issued.  IRS does not update TurboTax about their processing of your returns. 

The IRS issued more than 9 out of 10 refunds to taxpayers in less than 21 days last year. The same results are expected for 2021.

You can use the IRS Where’s My Refund? tool (fastest option) or IRS2Go mobile app

Please see the links below for more information on when you will receive your refund:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
elamj
Returning Member

Thanks for the reply, I understand, but with others who have filed like a week and a half ago and already got their returns, and then me filing around a month ago does this imply Im being audited or something? 

gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

There is one thing that is true, not all returns take the same time to process at IRS.

It may be that there are some topics on returns that IRS is looking at more carefully and your return might have it, or your return may have been received in a huge group of returns to be processed and IRS is struggling to catch up.  Since the return has been accepted, then just take advantage of using the tools on irs.gov to check on your refund status.

It is not uncommon to take 4 weeks or more to process return refund checks in the beginning of tax season.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies