turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

L3jacks

My amended return has been adjusted, when will i receive the check?

I had a question mine was sent out Friday the 6 21 19 and i no they i should get it in 2 weeks i do tax but never had to wait on a check in mail . Today is Monday do u think its possible that i can get it today or u think Tuesdays which is tomorrow and i am in Detroit where are u

If you are filing an ammended return you will nit get your refund within a week. You can track your return on this website.
https://sa.www4.irs.gov/wmar/notice;jsessionid=pE5-wnrv6YPiKs7BZtsoIO24.PP
I will tell you my situation. I sent in my amended return back in the middle of April. It was processed in about 3 weeks and I got a letter saying I needed to send more information in. I over night the information back on May 6th and my status on the website was updated until May 28. The website says it can take up to 16 weeks. To track your status go to the website but truthfully dont expect your status to be updated until about 2 weeks. From there you will still have weeks before it is ameded and completed.
Hope this helps

My ammended return is now complete as of 6/21/2019 and am due a refund... How long after do I have to wait until they release my refund in the mail?
Razabby

My amendment was received 2/05 was adjusted 06/21 and now no one can tell me when my refund will be sent. I'm getting frustrated.
Dellena06
Returning Member

I see that you got your amended return back real fast. I'm still waiting. They received my amended return 4-30-2019 and it still says processing. What should I do?
Patricia Floyd
Returning Member

i did a amended on march 10/2019 havent got any thing back yet why

Patricia Floyd
Returning Member

back on march 10/2019 nothing yet

Nisha1031

My amended return was recieved june 13th processed july 1st 2019. When will i receive my refund?? DD or paper check? And how long
brittd94

I’m still waiting for my 2018 adjustment. The irs received my return 17 weeks ago on 3/18/19 and I still have not received anything or any correspondence. It has not even reached the adjusted status on the “check my amended return status” toolbar. I’m a single college student with no children so I’m not sure what the hold up is. I will be calling when the office opens in the morning.

Just curious if you have any updated info on your refund. Mine was sent in this January , then amended May1st , Adjusted by IRS June 21st and nothing since then. I have a tax advocate that hasn't returned my calls in 3wks and it would be great to know whats going on or maybe what your experience has been

im right there with you. mine was adjusted on the same date & nothing has happened since. My tax advocate wont even return my calls now. Im in the dark and frankly getting so mad because there is absolutely nothing i can do now except wait. Please update when you have activity 🙂

im right there with you. mine was adjusted on the same date & nothing has happened since. My tax advocate wont even return my calls now. Im in the dark and frankly getting so mad because there is absolutely nothing i can do now except wait. Please update when you have activity 

Nisha1031

My amended return was recieved June13th it was processed June 27th and it was complete July 1st. When should i get my refund???? Anyone?

@Nisha1031 Did you print, sign and mail a Form 1040X?

A 1040X cannot be e-filed.  It must be printed and mailed.  It will take about 3-4 months for the IRS to process an amended return.  It is a good idea to use a mailing service that will track it, like UPS or certified mail, so you will know it was received.

Wait about 3 weeks from mailing and you can check the status of your amended return:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

If you are getting a refund from an amended return, the IRS mails a check to you--they do not make a direct deposit for an amended return refund.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Yes I printed signed dated a form 1040 x along with injured spouse allocation and amended form on feb 28 then it got received March 14
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies