turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My amended return has been adjusted, when will i receive the check?

That makes no sense. TurbTax is what I use to do all my Taxes, including Amended. My Amended was done right, as I know what I was supposed to receive when doing it, and at the end of the Amended Tax review, TurboTax and myself were CORRECT.

I don't rely on CPA's to do my taxes. They get overwelmed and make mistakes. It was up to you to know what you were owed. You are at fault, not the CPA.

I filed an amended return, and it was received on March 26.  The return adjustment difference was taken out of our account a week later.  It's still not listed as adjusted, and we need it completed before the tax deadline, because my daughter can't file her taxes until my adjustment is totally completed.  Can anyone help with speeding up the process so my daughter doesn't miss her tax deadline?  The money part of it is finished. 

What?  Did you amend to take off your daughter as a dependent?  She doesn't have to wait for your Amended return to process since she will have to print and mail her return.  She didn't have to wait.  Even if you amend it won't release her ssn from being used.  Once a ssn has been filed you can't efile it again even if you amend.

Katie74
Returning Member

Are you referring to 2019 tax returns? I just wanted to be clear because I e-filed my amended 2020 return through Turbotax (on-line version)..

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

@Katie74, yes, you are correct, an amended federal return can be e-filed after the original filing is accepted and approved.

However, @VolvoGirl is answering about whether the taxpayer's child can file before the parent's amended return is posted as approved. This has to do with having already e-filed using someone's social security number on the return.

She is correct, the child cannot e-file now and must paper file.

There is no need to wait to paper file. Any attempt at e-filing will be rejected since the social security number can only be filed once.

So stressed an worn down with all this. Like most of you came here looking for possible answers...  Here's the stats that I have  

Irs received. 9-29-2020

Adjusted 4-23-2021 

As of today 5-14-2021 Nothing showing in transcript and have recieved no communication from IRS. 

Does anybody have any idea of when we might know something? 

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Unfortunately, only the IRS is going to be able to give you any information on your tax return.  

Here is a link to a thread that details how to go through the automated phone prompts to reach a live representative.  The steps may save you some frustration.   You can also search for a local IRS office in your area.  It may be easier to contact a local representative than using the main phone number.    You can use the ''make an appointment'' option even if you have no intention of going to the office, but that may get you a live person on the phone that can provide you some info.   They have access to the same information.     @Clsmws

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

• When I'm getting my amended return as been adjusted when I'm getting my check

Is this mean I'm getting refund because I got my state refund already

My amended return say was recive and the is possessed what I do now and is that good

@Amaurymartinez085 TurboTax does not have any information about your amended return.   If the IRS "Where's my amended return" site says your refund has been sent, then watch your mailbox.   When you get a refund for an amended federal tax return, the IRS mails a check to the address on your tax return.   It will not be a direct deposit.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

800- 829- 1040. But you need to google how to get to a live representative and hope that it doesn't tell you to call back later. 

It's been 5 weeks for me and I still can't track it. 

This is what I got. [phone number removed], extension 653 and found out it is for amended returns. A nice man said it takes 19 weeks no matter what!!

@tinybrooks Even in "normal" times it takes at least four months for the IRS to process an amended return; during the pandemic it is taking much longer, so do not expect quick results from amending your tax return.   When they send your refund it will be a check mailed to your address--- it will not be a direct deposit.  You can watch here for information:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies