turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My amended return has been adjusted, when will i receive the check?

Did you receive them yet. Mine said 10/2/20 but it’d still hasn’t completed and no notice 

Anonymous
Not applicable

only the IRS can answer and even then they might not be able to answer at the present time. 

Well, the worst case scenario happened to me.  They did mail my ameneded return refund check on 9/21/20, unfortunately I was having my mail forwarded to a summer address then and they won't forward checks...so they returned it to the IRS.  After spending 3 hours on the phone with the IRS on 10/2/20 they finally agreed that they had received it as "returned, not deliverable".  So they are reissuing the check and said I should receive it in 4-6 weeks (so early Nov).  Back to the waiting game.  But some good news....this year the IRS is paying interest on their tardy refunds, so based on the amount they told me over the phone it appears they are paying me interest on the refund all the way back to 4/2018 (the filing date for the original 2017 return I was amending).

I’m running into the same issue with the mail forwarding address. What number did you call you speak with a live person? 

I called [phone number removed] to talk to a person. There were lots of options to select to actually get to a person...don't remember which I selected (I think I tried several).  Once they did agree to reissue I received a notification letter from them about 7-10 days later and the actual check arrived 18 days later. Good luck.

Hi , Quieana,

Did you receive your Amended Tax Return cheque in the mail? I just checked my ATR, today, and it was 'Adjusted' on 01/01/2021.  I am praying this means I will get a refund.

Yes, I received a physical check in the mail.

Well, let me tell you my sad story.  The CPA that handled my brother's estate told me to file an amended return as I had another $1,000 owed me.  I filed this in May of 2020.  Never heard a word from the IRS and when I looked into my account, it said the return was received but not processed or completed.  It took me almost two weeks to get through on an IRS number and the person I spoke with just said it was received but could not tell me whey it was not processed or completed.  In October, 2020, I received a letter from the IRS office in Austin, Texas telling me that I needed to submit one more item from a Schedule K.  I contacted the CPA, he sent me the form which I submitted in October.  Still no word from the IRS.  The last time I went into my site,  it said they would be sending me a letter explaining why my return has not been completed.  Mind you, this has been going on since May of 2020.  The number they give you to call, will tell you to call back at another time and if you actually reach someone, they don't have any details about your case.  So frustrating!.

If your return has been adjusted, you may not even get a check.  Sometimes they determine that you owe money or there is no change.  Completed is the only time you will get a check.  This happened to me - the CPA that handled my brother's estate told me to file an amended return as he determined that I was owed another $1,000.  Well it turned out that I owed the IRS money and the CPA was totally in left field over this.  It was impossible for me to get through to the IRS - the message always said to call back at another time or when I finally did get through to someone, they had no details.

Thank you, very helpful.

Does anyone know what N/A means on my Amended Tax Return (2018)? The completed (final) stage is yellow with N/A status. 

Received  Adjusted  Completed N/A

04/13/2020 01/01/2021 N/A

Not sure why, but mine remained in N/A status even after I received the check.  Seemed like about a month went by before it changed to completed.

I never saw this type of status (N/A). Strange....LOL Thank you Charliej01

N/A usually means Not Available 

Volvo Girl, 

I know that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was not my question. Read my question.....I have never seen "N/A" on a tax return status.....

Thank you for the "lesson." 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies