turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2 Questions first- My 2019 ammended returns were accepted by the IRS (federal was accepted 02/18/2020 and state was accepted(02/19/2020)but I never got my money why?

Also I filed my 2020 returns which were also accepted by the IRS but my second question is if I didn't receive either of my stimulus payments and want to file for the recovery rebate credit, is it something I have to file separately since I already filed my 2020 returns, was it on my 2020 returns and I either didn't notice or don't remember, or was it a separate form I had to file at the same time as my 2020 returns and didn't do since I didn't know?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Edogghbk2021
Returning Member

2 Questions first- My 2019 ammended returns were accepted by the IRS (federal was accepted 02/18/2020 and state was accepted(02/19/2020)but I never got my money why?

That portion or section page comes before you even finished your fed returns like tbh I think I’m in the same boat as I was eligible for the recovery rebate and also other credits I didn’t know I could get trust me when I say good things is coming in your favor bro or sis be patient and don’t think too much bout it yeah we all need our money but thinking bout it and complains on here isn’t gonna make the money appear in our accounts any faster the IRS are trying to make sure no duplicate returns are filed and also making sure our returns are correct and accurate where there no errors or redos. I know this bc I’ve seen it happen and been thru it in the past so yeah the waiting game is a **bleep** but what can we do when even Congress can’t pass a **bleep** bill to pay us money we desperately need.  Not trying to be an ass but speaking real **bleep**. Just know we all will get paid soon either late this week or possibly if not accurately next week as that will be the third week and plus I’m sure you’ll get your federal and states and then you’ll be happy like all of us but remember who spit real truth to you don’t forget me as I charge for my words and time I take to type this and help you out so you won’t stressed yourself out over your refund as we all are stressing for our refund and to survive this pandemic you’ll be fine and you’ll make it til then think bout your future your goals and whatever gender you are then by all means entertain yourself and make yourself feel very good as I would lol my bad but yeah you will get your refund soon and if you’re a female I expect to hear from you and maybe even a date for my kind gesture of helping you out right now fr fr I’m sure our refund is enough for a get away adventure lmk 😂

For one I wouldn't pay you for sharing your experiences that potentially may answer or help answer my questions just because they relate to my issues and for two you really think you came of charming there or something?

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

The information you need is shown below for each tax year to help resolve your outstanding IRS situations.

For the 2019 amended return, there are two actions you should take.

1. Write a letter to the IRS with a copy of the amendment explaining that you never received a refund and want to inquire about the status.
  2. Contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS).
    • Select Contact Us, then select to download and complete Form 911, Request for TAS Assistance
    • If you have not opened a case with TAS, call 877-777-4778
    • TAS is an independent organization within the IRS. Our job is to ensure that every taxpayer is treated fairly and that you know and understand your rights

For the 2020 tax return, TurboTax would have forced you to review the questions about the stimulus, still you may have missed it.  Here is what you should do once your tax return is fully processed and if you did not receive any stimulus. Check Line 30, Form 1040 to see if there is an amount from the Recovery Rebate Credit worksheet. (IRS Recovery Rebate Credit).

If you don't see an amount or it appears as though the indication on your return was that you did receive your payments take the following steps.

1. Check your stimulus payments on file with the IRS using the following link 
    • Get My Payment - Select the button Get My Payment to see if your information is current based on the payments you did receive.
  2. Amend your tax return if the stimulus was not included in your refund.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies