turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

LTR 4464C from the IRS. How long will this delay be?

No reference code just stating Received and processing. SMH

Is  this another one of obama hold over scandal. just like any typical government entity they can take money out of my check every payday but yet the irs. But when it is time to pay it back they make every effort to delay the payment 

tsweat15

There was a lawyer that contacted me because of the scams turbo tax has pulled on taxpayers! Turbo is not allowed to charge you if you fit in a certain tax bracket. Turbo is causing the delays because of how they process your return after you’ve put in all your information! 

I just file my tax end of February and i receive letter for identity theft verification. After verified march 6. I just received a letter 4464C  march 23. And i need to wait for 60 days. Its first time that happened to me.  And what’s next do they give my refund after 60 days.  If they change my refund amount Do they send it by direct deposit Or do i need to file again 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions given in the following link for help when you receive the letter. 

TurboTax Audit Support Center  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Contact your senator office. They can get it moving faster.

I got a tax Adovate to help me as I received 14 letters of 4464C. It also could be an offset on your account. 

@AkinaLO, You're an export? Then you should know better and know that a 4464c letter is not an audit but an automated algorithm by the IRS system that randomly pulls peoples returns to broad check tax filers to see how people are filling and if people are filing correctly (not an audit). But let's talk about how in 2020 a large % of turbotax users are getting flagged by this algorithm system and having to wait 60days. Seems to me like turbotax is sending in the filing system in a way that is triggering the coding in the IRS algorithm type to pull these accounts.
sylvski

This happened to us!  I received 6 letters and my partner received a whopping 15 letters, sometimes 2 a day! Absolutely ridiculous. He has since received his refund, and I am now past 60 days and have not received my return nor an update. We live in the same household and work for 2 different companies. 

See i was worried about that soni checked my papers that got filed and it has my account information for the direft de po siki

There is NO WAY to contact the IRS anymore!!! What do WE do???????

I had gotten 15 of those letters all in the same month. I had to call the tax advocate number on the letter to help me to see what was going on with my tax return as I had to call the IRS multiple times and they kept on putting me on hold then to come back and told me that I had to wait. I was not going to wait for no 60 days so I got a tax advocate.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It's been almost 60 days since I received the letter 4464C and I don't receive any more letter from IRS. When I check it on where my refund it's say it's been process. And still don't get my refund. What is the next step I need to do. Need help 

I filed Jan. 27, got my letter feb 10. It’s July 1st and nothing! I’ve called the irs, been on hold for over 4 hours, just to get disconnected when I finally reach someone! Haven’t received my stimulus check either. 
i did however receive my state refund at the regular time I always do. 
status still say it’s being processed on federal. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies