Solved: Re: Just received a 1099g after return was accepte... - Community

Just received a 1099g after return was accepted

My return was accepted on 1/13. I filed for eitc. I just got a 1099-g from unemployment today that didn't get reported. I didn't pay taxes on it. I'm assuming my return still says it's processing because of it. So, what happens next? Am I going to have to wait months for them to do anything? Am I going to just be made to ammend the return? Will they reject it and let me e-file again?  I'm already frustrated that a government agency sent their tax forms almost a month later than allowed and I already had to wait over a month because of the path act. It does lower my return by almost 200 dollars. 

Get  the amended in before the AUR program kicks in in April of next year.  AUR= Automate Under Reporter

You have about 13 months to do it.   Nothing is stopping you from working on it now but do not send the amendment in before the IRS has finished with the original form. 

I know how to ammend one. I'm asking what the irs is going to do about it since I'm still processing and you shouldn't ammend a return that's still processing.

So I should ammend it even though my return is still processing?

Thank you for the clarification. 

Your welcome.