turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ive waited the 21 days had to prove my identity wait 9 wks still no tax return from the IRS it's been 13 wks nothing yet 100 day is unexceptable where's my refund?

When I received my stimulus check my dependents where not on it  when my wife a dependent applied for stimulus was denied reason she was a dependent this was at 8 weeks so my refund was processed or being processed at this time that was 5 weeks ago where's my refund?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Ive waited the 21 days had to prove my identity wait 9 wks still no tax return from the IRS it's been 13 wks nothing yet 100 day is unexceptable where's my refund?

Many IRS departments are currently closed or operating at very limited capacity, and this is affecting refund processing.  It is not yet known when the IRS will resume normal operations.

Since the IRS has already processing your economic impact payments without your dependents, you will receive the additional payments for your dependents and your spouse when you file your 2020 tax return in 2021, the IRS is not sending supplemental or additional corrected payments prior to that time.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The refund department is up and running when I received my stimulus check they had not reviewed my refund that's why no dependent money was issued when my wife applied and was turned down because she was a dependent tells me they processed my refund where my refund at times like these we need that money to live they are causing hardship to my family by sitting on my refund that was excepted to start with where is my refund.

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

Per the IRS:

If you did not receive the full amount to which you believe you are entitled, you will be able to claim the additional amount when you file your 2020 tax return.  This is particularly important for individuals who may be entitled to the additional $500 per qualifying child dependent payments. For VA and SSI recipients who don’t have a filing requirement and have a child, they need to use the Non-Filer tool (link) on IRS.gov by May 5 in order to have the $500 added automatically to their $1,200 Economic Impact payment. We encourage people to review our “How do I calculate my EIP Payment” question and answer (See question 11).

Information about who is getting the stimulus check can be found in the links below:

What do I need to know about the coronavirus stimulus package?

Economic Impact Payments

The IRS has created a Get My Payment portal to track the progress of these payments for taxpayers.

IRS Economic Impact Payments

Telephone Assistance: IRS live phone assistance is extremely limited at this time. For Economic Impact Payment questions, call 800-919-9835.

IRS Telephone Assistance

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies