turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Its May 20th 2020 and my tax was accepted by the irs Feb 5th 2020. The only thing that irs has said to me is that they have received my taxes and it is being processed. It's said this the entire time

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

Its May 20th 2020 and my tax was accepted by the irs Feb 5th 2020. The only thing that irs has said to me is that they have received my taxes and it is being processed. It's said this the entire time

Once your return has been accepted by the IRS, the refund process is completely under the control of the IRS. The IRS says that most refunds would be issued within 21 days. But some returns need more processing and refunds will take longer, especially during these Covid-19 times when some IRS agents still work remotely.

Please read this IRS FAQ for more information.

Please be patient, the situation will get better soon as some IRS agents are returning to their desks. You can check the status of your refund at this IRS web portal.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I can understand that because of COVID-19 there will be delayed wait times, HOWEVER I've found out from multiple people that have files after I have that already received their returns. Just like the post mentioned I also filed in Feb and we are a week away from June. 21 days is understandable however 4 months with ZERO information is down right disrespectful. 

If this was the other side of the coin and we had owed money to the IRS then our checks would be garnished or there would be some sort of way that they would get their money from everyone. Every number you try to call through the IRS send you to an automated system, other than that the website offers ZERO assistance. 

I have been patient throughout this process but there needs to be some sort of update provided. 

AMBERMW

When this happened to me I called in and found out that I had a 5071 C letter on the way. It was a letter telling me to either go online and prove my identity or to call in. If this ends up being your case DO NOT LOSE THE LETTER. The letter has a Control Number that you WILL need once you are online with an agent. I know in previous years once I passed that I updated within the week (I am a weekly updater lol) and received my refund the next week.The only other issue I had with a client was it ended up being an audit. Surely if it was an audit they would have let you know by now. Hopefully you will find out soon.

I have gotten a message that they are unable to provide any information  and suggest I contact my software provider. How do I contact Turbo Tax?

Thank you Amber for your help. One thing I forgot to mention is that I did already confirm my identity with the IRS over the phone. They say it could be up to 9 additional weeks. I confirmed my identity on March 1st. Which it's been over 9weeks. Please respond if u have any other words of encouragement. Thanks again. 

Otiliaa33

I feel the same way. I am very upset and running out of patience. Now to top it all off, I just got an Email from Turbo Tax saying they will charge my debit account $215 due to them not getting paid because I haven’t received my Tax Refund, like if this is MY FAULT???? What is going on with this now? Times are hard and it keeps getting harder!! Turbo Tax is suppose to help and NOW this bill from them too??? Oh No, this was the first and WILL be the last yr I go through them!!!!

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies