turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It says I filed here and printed it but I don’t even have a printer I just wanna e file on here no printing or mailing and I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

It says I filed here and printed it but I don’t even have a printer I just wanna e file on here no printing or mailing and I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong ?

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state.  Add a State 2018.JPG

This will take you back to the 2018 online tax return.

1. Select File in the left-hand menu (expand your browser window if you don't see this, or go to the hamburger menu in the top left corner).
  2. On the Just one more step screen, follow steps 1 and 2 if you haven't already.
  3. Select the Start button to the right of Step 3.
  4. On the Let's get ready to e-file screen, select I want to e-file.
  5. Follow the instructions to e-file your return.

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

If TurboTax thinks you were finished and intended to file by printing and mailing, but you really haven't filed anything, you can open the return back up to change the filing method and to proceed with efiling.

At the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents", look for a small box with a link that says "Add a State."  (You don't really add one; that's just to open the return back up.)

Once the return is open, you can continue working on it.

Once you've finished it, go through the REVIEW section.

If the Review is OK, then go to the FILE section, change the filing method to efile, choose a refund method (if applicable),  make any payment (if applicable), then continue on answering screens until you get to the last screen which will have a big orange button "Transmit My Returns Now" and click on that.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies