Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It’s been over 21 days and still no federal tax return, why?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Although most refunds are processed within 21 days of acceptance, some returns require additional review which causes a delay in processing. Please see Why do some refunds take longer than others? for more information. 

Since it has been over 21 days since your tax return has been accepted, please see What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?  for information on contacting the IRS. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Jhardy1

Normally when turbo tax tell me my return has been accepted and give me a estimated federal refund date it normally is pretty accurate. However, this year it is well past the 21 days and also the estimated date to receive refund. The irs.gov site "Where is my refund" is not telling me anything accept my "my tax return is still being processed". What is there to process, I am not claiming no dependents, I have no assets, so I am not understanding the hold up of my small refund. 

I went back to Turbo Tax to see if I done anything wrong I clicked on "add a state" to print my tax return to review; but something was wrong and it took me to status of your state filing - edit or start over.  I am not sure why it took me here. I hit edit first and it wants me to fill out a DR-405 but I do not have a business or rental property, so I got out of it and hit start over and then I selected "skip state" because I do not need to file state filing. Could this be the problem why the irs.gov site is still saying it still being processed because I have not received my taxes or anything from the IRS? I need help, please!

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

For the time being, the IRS is putting all of its efforts into the details of the stimulus payments. They continue to process tax returns, issue refunds and help taxpayers with available staff, but it is taking longer than usual.  The only thing to do right now is to wait. You should be hearing something back soon.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies