turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It’s been 17 days since the IRS accepted my federal and it says it’s still being processed. When does the IRS website update for the day?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
LisaJLO

It’s been 17 days since the IRS accepted my federal and it says it’s still being processed. When does the IRS website update for the day?

It takes about 21 days after your return has been accepted by the IRS for your refund to be issued. This TurboTax link will guide you through how the process works. https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/wheres-my-refund/

Does this apply to the stimulus check also? 

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

There is a delay in processing the returns as the IRS is not processing paper returns at the moment due to Covid-19 and social distancing policies in effect.  

IRS operations

Go here for stimulus info:  https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

This FAQ site may also answer your questions.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The problem is on the IRS website it says “Payment status Not Available” then another sit it says “IRS has Accepted your File” does that mean I should be receiving a Stimulus Check? Because I’ve heard often the software is stuck on those two answers & a check just appears? How accurate is that I have field for Stimulus Check on the 16th of April which was the day it was Accepted. 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends.

The payments are independent of each other.  

Your income tax refund is based upon your filing.  You can check the status of your federal income tax return refund using the link below.

Check my refund status

The payment of the stimulus funds can be tracked at the following website:

Check status of economic payment

Please see the following for facts related to the payments as processed by the IRS.  See the section titled Payment Status Not Available for reasons why you may be receiving the message.  

FAQ for Economic payments

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Still haven’t received any feedback regarding status for non filers, still days payment status unavailable going on week 3. Should I just start over & lose all hope in regards to a a stimulus Check? 

If you got an email saying it was already accepted  and you complete the non filer's site again  then the second filing will be rejected.   All you can do is check the IRS  GET MY PAYMENT tool to get the payment date when available ...  remember to use the exact  address that is on the 1040 ... do not use the APT box ...

1040 address.png

thank you! Just update the address box information. Do you know how long the process will be to hear back any news regarding the payment? 

Your guess would be as good as mine ... check the IRS site every couple of days. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies