Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Issue with turbotax

Why does TurboTax say my federal was accepted by the IRS but then I go to check the status and it says it either hasn’t been received or processed yet ?! I know for A FACT I filed .

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

19 Replies

Issue with turbotax

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted: 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2584108-why-is-there-no-record-of-my-return-at-where-s-my-refund-w...

Sometimes people get confused by the “summary” given by TurboTax and use the wrong amount for the federal refund.  Make sure you are only using the federal refund amount, and not an amount that combined your federal and state refunds.  

Your federal refund amount is on line 35a of your Form 1040

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Issue with turbotax

@xmasbaby0  im using the correct amount on the form & the summary . I’m not combining anything because it’s split up now because somebody didn’t do what they were supposed too . It says accepted and it’s been 21 days . They messed up by making it seem like I only filed one when I filed both ! 

Issue with turbotax

Not sure what you mean by

"..... because it’s split up now because somebody didn’t do what they were supposed too ."

"....making it seem like I only filed one when I filed both ! "

Can you please try to explain that?    What is split up?   You filed both of what?   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Issue with turbotax

@xmasbaby0  Okay , I filed both my W2’s on the 25th of January , they were accepted now the next day I went and looked my AGI went from the amount it was supposed to be to lower . A week later I went from receiving a refund to receiving nothing

I called and was told I didn’t file both , only one . I have screenshots of everything . I called again and it was fixed but I also had to amend my state because of them . Usually when you file everything is combined into one . My home page on TurboTax only has the amount from one W2 & not both 

It says it was accepted but when I check the refund amount on my form , it says it either hasn’t been received or hasn’t been processed and it’s been 21 days already . 

I’ve tried calling the IRS to see if they have it but had no luck getting through 

Issue with turbotax

It is still not clear whether you put both W-2's on the SAME tax return or if you e-filed a tax return with one W-2 and then realized you had another one and tried to do something with the second one.   Please explain.

Issue with turbotax

@xmasbaby0  Idk a good way to explain it . I filed both on the 01/25 . A week later on February 1st , it said I was only getting $305 and that only came from one W2 which in their eyes , I only filed one when I actually file both of them 

Issue with turbotax

What is "it" that said you were getting $305?   Where did you see $305?   What does it say on line 35a of your Form 1040?

PREVIEW 1040

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

Issue with turbotax

on the tax home page where it’ll have the combined amount for every W2 you file , it only has the amount for ONLY ONE which was only $305 . On my 1040 , it says $1246 .. I’m trying to get you to understand when I filed , instead of them combining state with state and federal with federal .. they only have ONE W2 And I already received refunds for just the ONE . My second W2 was included when I filed so I’m not sure what happened or if it was even submitted by Turbotax to the IRS 

Issue with turbotax

You need a real conversation with someone so that you can explain this clearly.   It is just not coming across in this forum.    Your income tax refund is not "per W-2"---- it is based on the total amount of income you entered and the amount of tax withheld from those W-2's.   Your refund is the difference between the amount of tax you owed to the IRS and the amount you paid.   If you are trying to add up the tax withheld on both W-2's and are expecting that as a refund, that is incorrect.

And federal and state refunds come at different times.  They come from different entities.

If your line 35a says $1246 and you only received a refund of $305 then the IRS will send you a letter to explain why they reduced your refund.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

or

https://www.facebook.com/turbotax

Issue with turbotax

No , the 1246 I never got The $305 is the whole total combined from the first W2 … it’s hard explaining it while typing it . Do you have a number or can you call me ? So I can better explain .

Issue with turbotax

No one from the user forum can call you..  You need help from customer support.

Issue with turbotax

They literally are no help . I keep being told I’ll have to amend it now if the IRS doesn’t have it then that’s where the problem comes in

Issue with turbotax

One last try is all I have in me. 

Do not post anything personal like your name or SSN.

Look at your two W-2's.   Add the amounts in box 1 of each of them.  Then tell us what is on line 1 of your Form 1040.   '

Next add the amounts from box 2 of each one and tell us what is on line 25a of your Form 1040.

What is on line 35a of your Form 1040?

Then.....what is on lines 16 and 17 of each of your W-2's.   What does your state return show as a state refund?

Issue with turbotax

Both my states , I should’ve received $1385 but only got 166 and that’s because they claim I only filed one and not both so I had to amend one of my states and receive it in the mail

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies