Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

null600

Is there a way to report to TurboTax an issue with e-file tax payments? I scheduled my payment to be deducted from my checking account, but the IRS has no record of it.

It has been well beyond the 10 business days and now the IRS says to just make the payment via their website.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Is there a way to report to TurboTax an issue with e-file tax payments? I scheduled my payment to be deducted from my checking account, but the IRS has no record of it.

I have this same problem. My payment never went out.. State tax has been taken but federal tax still hasnt been taken.. Dont want to double pay....

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Please see the link below for additional information as far as when your payment will go through. 

There is also a handy reference at the bottom of the following link as well that you can click about what to do after you file your taxes.  I recommend clicking on that as well as it provides more direction as to what to do if your payment does not go through as you directed it to.

As long as your payment is scheduled to go through by May 17th, you will be considered filed and paid before the due date.

When will your tax payment go through

@125mph

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

According to the link you sent: "In the meantime, keep an eye on your bank account — if you still don't see the debit 7–10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at [phone number removed] "

It has been past 7-10 days... and after calling IRS e-File, they say they have no record of payment and to contact turbo tax. The e-File was accepted the same day of the filing.

Now what? How can I check if there's not an error in the filing (like if I marked to debit my account on that day but turbo tax inadvertently put that I was mailing a check).

TT does not pay your taxes.  All it does is forward your payment (banking ) info to the government, as part of your tax filing.  But the IRS and many states are very backlogged in processing both tax returns and tax payments.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies