turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is it true that turbo tax users’ tax refunds are being delayed up to 10 weeks due to a line 30 error?

I’ve read on several forums that this is why turbo tax users have not received our refunds by 21 days, including me!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

35 Replies

Is it true that turbo tax users’ tax refunds are being delayed up to 10 weeks due to a line 30 error?

A TT user recently posted that an IRS told him that all returns (not just those from TT) claiming the Recovery Rebate Credit are being pulled for validation, and that it will take 10 weeks.

A Tax Pro friend of mine further said the IRS is dealing with issues such as (1) dependents incorrectly claiming independence and thus the stimulus;  (2) folks saying they did not get the stimulus when they actually did; and (3) people mistakenly thinking this is the way to claim Stimulus #3, which has not yet been signed into law.  So they are all being looked at more carefully.

I didn’t claim the recovery rebate credit. Mine was accepted on the 11th and nothing since. 

Turbo Tax doesn't make a error on line 30.  If there is n error it would be a user error entering the wrong amount or claiming the wrong dependents etc.

Well, the IRS is seriously backlogged because of all those extra stimulus filings, thus slowing down processing for everyone.  On the general subject of stimulus/recovery rebate, the IRS mailed debit cards for stimulus #1 and #2 to some people. But those recipients may have thought it was junk mail and threw it out.  So they filed for the Recovery Rebate,  but the IRS records show they already were issued the stimulus.  So that requires more processing.

I didn’t claim it either but the glitch in turbo tax did I went back and reviewed my return and on line 30 it says 1200 I didn’t put that!

That happened to me and my daughter as well!  Mine was changed and so was hers.  She just got her refund which was $600 lower with the explanation that it was because of line 30.  She was given a reference number and we will be following up with the IRS for clarification.  Mine is still showing pending in the IRS system, but since I see the same change made to mine on Turbo Tax I am thinking mine will be lowered as well.  So frustrating!

bossman911
Returning Member

Not true i look a my tax paper and line 30 is blank. IRS says i did

It may not be true for everyone’s delay but it is true for some like me!!!!! Line 30 got filled with 1200 but was supposed to be zero I know what I put in and I double checked that question 

Mine and my husband's line 30 was changed!!!!! I've been doing my taxes over 10 years.....never a delay...so it looks like we are held off until they fix it

When is Turbo Tax going to be held accountable??? If a licensed Tax Preparer made a mistake we could hold them accountable?  My line 30 is blank and I know I answered I did it correctly!  I did a screen shot  before I filed just to keep for my records.  I filed February 23 and my status is still processing.  At this point it is what is is.  I’ll deal with the circumstances when it’s time!  This BS is causing wayyyy to much **bleep** stress!!

Thank you all for the insight on how to deal with this.  I guess I’ll wait for that  IRS “letter” and file an amendment.

You think it just slipped on through?

I filed 2/12 I just got a update saying irs adjusted my refund and it’s 1200 lower the same amount turbo tax added on line 30 I did mine and both my adult kids taxes on turbo tax mine was the only one that got the glitch! Says I should get my refund by March 29 so I assume they are mailing a check! Irs adjusted the mistake but it did hold up my refund a month but definitely not using turbo tax next year!!!!

Just proves that delay is just an excuse for accountability.

I know that’s right No To Turbo Tax!!!

Tax Act for me!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies