Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Is anyone else still waiting on their tax refund and electronically filed an Injured Spouse Form in February 2020? I filled mine Feb. 5th and I’m still waiting. Next week will be 11 weeks.

@Megsdaboss @shortyt @Cevett1 Hey yall! Just checking back in; I checked my return status today and my return should be here Thursday, May 28th. Thank you Lord!!

Is anyone else still waiting on their tax refund and electronically filed an Injured Spouse Form in February 2020? I filled mine Feb. 5th and I’m still waiting. Next week will be 11 weeks.

@alaraeh that's good to know, I am still waiting with no change but that does give me hope that something might change soon. hopefully it comes through on the 28th.

a little update, I was FINALLY able to get a hold of someone at the IRS. I was just told that it would be another 2-4 weeks before there will be another change. I mentioned that its been over 4 months since I filed and all I was told was that the timelines are non existent because of Covid-19.

Adenney

This is very interesting, it's been 20 WEEKS since filing for injured spouses and getting super stressful, especially not working at the moment and a baby that's due in less than 2 months. Hoping we receive some relief soon from all of this. Can't even get in touch with anyone from the IRS. 

Just checking in. So you filed Feb 5th with injured spouse electronically. You received on May 28th. So it took 113 days from acceptance to getting your money. 

It's nice to hear that you received it. 

dano13

Mine was filed and accepted electronically on the 27th of February. Still no update other than just processing. Has anyone else received theirs yet?

dano13

@alaraeh did you ever receive yours on the 28th like they said?

Ks10387

I filed my taxes electronically. Return was offset for student load. I then filed a paper Form 8379 injured spouse claim and when I check my tax transcript can see it was received by the IRS March 13th. As of today June 19th I still have not received it. 14 weeks today. Very frustrating. I was able to get in touch with someone at the IRS last week who had no further update and said everything is behind. 

In USUAL years the paper form 8379 is processed in 11 to 14 weeks  HOWEVER this is not a usual year and since the IRS was not processing anything paper for 10 weeks you will have to wait much longer this year.  Some have reported the injured spouse refunds being released recently so all you can do is wait patiently. 

@dano13 @Yes I did receive my refund, however I am still waiting on my stimulus check.

@alaraeh

The IRS can look at your 2018 or 2019 return to issue a stimulus check.  If they do not have a 2018 return then you may be waiting for them to finish processing 2019 before they will be able to use it to issue your stimulus check.

If you used the non-filer site, you will not be able to e-file a 2019 return after using the non-filer site.

TurboTax has no control over your stimulus check, nor can TT track it for you or tell you when the IRS will issue it. Refer to the sites linked below:

You can call the IRS hotline at 1-800-919-9835 to get updates on your stimulus payment.  

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center#nonfilertool

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-will-the-stimulus-package-impact-me/00/1393859

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Zariel44

Approved on Feb 5th. Still waiting 

@Zariel44 

"approved"  or "accepted"?  Those are not the same thing.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2840013-does-accepted-mean-my-refund-is-approved

Waiting is frustrating—refunds are taking longer in many cases.  These are not normal times.  It is not possible for TurboTax to speed up the IRS for you.   They are short staffed; and they are processing millions of tax returns at the same time that they have been burdened with the task of processing millions of stimulus checks. 

IRS phone lines supported by customer service representatives for both taxpayers and tax professionals are not staffed at this time. To check on regular tax refund status via automated phone, call 800-829-1954. (This line has no information on Economic Impact Payments.)

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

TurboTax gives you an estimated date for receiving your refund based on a 21 day average from your date of acceptance, but it can take longer.  Many refunds are taking longer during the pandemic. 

Once your federal return has been accepted by the IRS, only the IRS has any control. TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS. Your ONLY source of information about your refund now is the IRS.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 20 of your Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901548-why-do-some-refunds-take-longer-than-others

If you chose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund, that will take some extra time, while the third party bank handles the refund processing.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@dano13  Yes mine came on May 28th.

Still waiting, just over 5 months and still nothing. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies