turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is anybody getting a straight answer of whether or not stimulus payment will go on turbo card YES or NO simple

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

23 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Is anybody getting a straight answer of whether or not stimulus payment will go on turbo card YES or NO simple

Yes, but see below about the particulars. 

If you have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card: If you have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, there is nothing more you need to do. You will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit on 4/15. You can sign in to your account to check your balance here: Turbo Debit Card Login

If you no longer have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, don’t worry.

• If you have registered your card and know your login credentials, request a replacement card by signing in to your Turbo Visa Debit Card account using this link:  Report a Lost or Stolen Turbo Debit Card 

• If you don’t know your account login information, call 888-285-4169 for assistance. 

You will not be charged for a replacement card or check; standard fees will be waived or refunded to you. 

Due to unprecedented traffic they may experience some delays on the site or phone line. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we appreciate your patience.  

For additional questions, including how to receive a check, Turbo Visa Debit Card site: Turbo Card Stimulus Check.

You can also go directly to IRS: Economic Impact Payment Get My Payment Resource  to update your details.

@mixonjones

Why isn't the stimulus checks being deposited to turbo cards that had tax fees taken out of the tax refunds? I had to go to the IRS website and enter my AMEX serve prepaid card account & routing numbers, turbo card could've sent an email telling people that used their service that these cards are no good. All I keep see is the stimulus checks will go onto the turbo cards. But mine didn't. And the agreement I signed was in February 3rd so no Corona Virus stimulus was being talked about at that time. So Santa Barbara bank or 1st Century Bank changed their agreement and didn't notify anyone about the stimulus not going on those cards. I think it's total BS. Luckily the IRS set up a place you can add another account. But sadly I've got to wait who knows how long now before it updates. Thanks Turbo Card. I'm done

Jhart1214

Do I need to do anything else to receive my stimulus payment on turbo card or it it done when my taxes where filed 

Ive seen post where people are getting an Email saying that the money was deposited into their turbo card, I was logged out all day yesterday and when I checked this morning I had nothing in my card.  I checked on the IRS website and it said they needed my bank info..(on my taxes I got the return with my turbo card ) I put in the turbo card account info and entered it and got an error message from the IRS.  I’m so disappointed in turbo tax.  I’m never using the service again...and I pay the premium price to have everything I need this is ridiculous.  

I got the same issue.  Trash service. Never using again. 

It's BS that turbo tax is saying it's a "GLITCH" that the stimulus checks ain't going on the turbo card that had tax fee or advance tax loan taken from tax returns. I honestly believe they knew this would happen and instead of telling people they just waited to pretend that it isn't their fault. 

It would be great if you could get someone to answer the phone on the number 

They blamed the IRS. I guess the same thing happen with people filing with H&R. I read that to fix this you either wait to get a paper check or you enter your bank info in the IRS website.  (Keep in mind of u make an error it will kick you out for 24hrs)  so make sure everything is correct.  After I get my check I’m DONE with Turbo Tax.  This company blows camel **bleep**.  

@Chacon2 - it's not a 'glitch' if that means it's a computer error.  it's a long winded answer for those who had their fees subtracted from their refund or took out an advance loan. 

read these articles 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/16/coronavirus-cares-stimulus-check/

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/use-a-commercial-tax-preparer-your-stimulus-check-may-be-delayed.htm...

Check this website and update your bank information if necessary.  AGI is line 7 on your 2018 return and line 8B on your 2019 return.  Refund is line 21a of the 2019 tax return. and line 20a for 2018

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

@Jhart1214 

Check this website and update your bank information if necessary.  AGI is line 7 on your 2018 return and line 8B on your 2019 return.  Refund is line 21a of the 2019 tax return. and line 20a for 2018

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

So should I put my debit card through my bank instead of my turbo card? 

call the bank and ask what is your routing number and to reconfirm which number is your account number

It's Greendot, right? 

https://www.greendot.com/contact-us

Correct. Trying now, thank you

So the number was pointless.. what I did is I logged I to my turbo card app and got the routing number and act number I had on there went to irs website put in all my info and it said that they had no bank info for me so what I did was put the routing and account number from my app and it worked. I’ll update this if I get my refund.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies