turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS not showing record of e-filed taxes

I e-filed with Turbotax on May 6th.  I got the email that it was accepted by the IRS that same day.  I ended up owing this year and I want to pay online so I made an account on the IRS website.  But they are not showing that I owe because they are not even showing that I filed.  Yet it's almost 2 months since Turbotax sent me the tax file accepted by the IRS email.  I'm not sure about just blindly mailing a check to the IRS for something they aren't even showing. Why doesn't the IRS have any record of the filing when Turbotax is telling me it was accepted?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

In short the IRS was effectively closed for almost 3 months and the priority was to issue the stimulus checks first, then refunds and lastly processing returns with balance dues ... which may not be processed until 7/15 or later.

You can pay online even if you don't see a balance due on the system ... or mail them a check.  Either way your payment will be put on your account as a 2019 payment on the balance due ... make sure to choose that option online or write that info on the check. 

I would double check your efile status here     

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/   

Right, that's where it's saying accepted by the IRS on May 6

Thanks, I guess I'll just roll with that and hope the money doesn't disappear into the ether lol

It was accepted for processing ...  however they are not in a hurry to process balance due returns.  Normally they are not processed until after 4/15 so this year expect it to be 7/15 or later due to the virus situation.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies