turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS didn’t accept my refund yet?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

It's not clear what you mean by "accept my refund."

Do you mean the IRS hasn't yet accepted your efiled return?  i.e., does it still show as "pending?"    Or has the IRS accepted your efiled return, but hasn't finished processing your Federal refund?

When you log into your Online TurboTax account, at the  Tax Home does the status say "pending?"

If so, that's normal.  The IRS will open up return processing today, January 27.   Most people won't find out until today or in the next couple of days if their efiled returns are accepted or rejected.  There could be some delays due to the number of backlogged returns.

You should get an email when your return is accepted or rejected.  Or you can check occasionally by logging back into your Online account.

I have received an acceptance email from turbo tax but I haven’t received an email from the IRS. On turbo the app says IRS accepted my refund but when i use the IRS tracking tool it says the refund is still pending and it’s been 11 days now

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@chriswestphal93 Be sure when checking Where’s My Federal Refund? site that you are entering only your Federal refund amount. This can be found on your Federal form 1040, line 21a. If you paid any fees out of your federal refund, use the refund figure prior to the deduction of he fees. Also if you filed joint, be sure to enter the filers name that appears first on the return.

See the link below for additional information.

Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@ chriswestphal93  wrote:

I have received an acceptance email from turbo tax but I haven’t received an email from the IRS. On turbo the app says IRS accepted my refund but when i use the IRS tracking tool it says the refund is still pending and it’s been 11 days now

"Accepted" is an efile status.   It means your efiled return reached the IRS in the proper format such that the IRS could start processing it; i.e., they accepted it for processing.    

The exact term "pending" is also an efile status, which is initially displayed in Online TurboTax right after efiling and remains "pending" until the IRS initially accepts the efile to begin processing--usually 24-48 hours after efiling.   Then the status of "pending" changes to "accepted" in your online account.

What tracking tool are you referring to?  The IRS2GO app or the IRS "Where's My Refund" (WMR) site?

You said the IRS tracking tool says your refund is still "pending", but that's not a term that the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool uses.  

Or did you use the wrong term and meant to say the tool says your return is "still being processed?"  If the WMR tool shows that your return is still being processed after 11 days, that's still within normal limits.

https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

The IRS says 9 out of 10 filers who efile and choose direct deposit will get their Federal refunds within 21 days after being accepted. Some returns are processed fairly quickly, while others require additional processing due to specific items in the return. Some are pulled at random for more thorough investigation.

If the IRS WMR tool continues to show "still being processed" longer than 21 days from when it was accepted, we can tell you how to speak to a live agent at the IRS to see if they can tell you anything about the delay.

I R S doesn't show my Efiling?

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@blandry5910 How long ago did you e-file your return? If it's been less than 24 hours, it is normal for the IRS to not have received your submission yet. See more here: Why doesn't the government have any record of my pending return?

To ensure that your return was e-filed successfully, you can use this tool: https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

So the app/ website on turbo tax says my federal return was accepted, however when I go on the IRS website it tells me that my return is still being processed, what does this mean? Am I still getting my return? When will I get it? Just need some information because I’m very confused!

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

If the IRS website says processing, this means they are working on it.

Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS.

Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions

@Scottytsnell

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies