After you file

@ chriswestphal93  wrote:

I have received an acceptance email from turbo tax but I haven’t received an email from the IRS. On turbo the app says IRS accepted my refund but when i use the IRS tracking tool it says the refund is still pending and it’s been 11 days now

"Accepted" is an efile status.   It means your efiled return reached the IRS in the proper format such that the IRS could start processing it; i.e., they accepted it for processing.    

The exact term "pending" is also an efile status, which is initially displayed in Online TurboTax right after efiling and remains "pending" until the IRS initially accepts the efile to begin processing--usually 24-48 hours after efiling.   Then the status of "pending" changes to "accepted" in your online account.

What tracking tool are you referring to?  The IRS2GO app or the IRS "Where's My Refund" (WMR) site?

You said the IRS tracking tool says your refund is still "pending", but that's not a term that the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool uses.  

Or did you use the wrong term and meant to say the tool says your return is "still being processed?"  If the WMR tool shows that your return is still being processed after 11 days, that's still within normal limits.

https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

The IRS says 9 out of 10 filers who efile and choose direct deposit will get their Federal refunds within 21 days after being accepted. Some returns are processed fairly quickly, while others require additional processing due to specific items in the return. Some are pulled at random for more thorough investigation.

If the IRS WMR tool continues to show "still being processed" longer than 21 days from when it was accepted, we can tell you how to speak to a live agent at the IRS to see if they can tell you anything about the delay.