Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Irs Accepted

I was in the same situation as everyone else. My status just recently updated Thursday night.. my tax topic 152 had returned and the next day my bars had returned with a dd date for the 31st. My amount didn't change the wait had been over a month and I will never use TT again it was their mistake. But hopefully everyone will see progress soon. The IRS is definitely resolving the issue. 

Irs Accepted

The same thing for me!

I just checked the status on my return and the site has updated my status as received with a topic of 152 as well but it’s been well over the 21 days. But glad to see it finally show up. I don’t know if TT is the cause, but next year I will use the IRS’ tax filing tool to file my return. As I only need to file my federal.
I keep forgetting that the IRS has that tool for filing your federal return at no charge. 

Irs Accepted

The IRS has partnered with 10 different DIY income tax programs to offer FREE FILING for those who qualify and TT is one of them.   What the qualifications are for each company are different so choose wisely especially if you need to also file a state return ...

If you qualify   you can use one of  the 10 IRS FREE FILE options to file a fed & state return for free ... but you must log in thru the IRS site :

https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

For Filing Season 2021, you must make $72,000 or below to use one of the 10  IRS Free File partner offers.

If you choose the TT option then you can log in with your same user ID and agree to switch to the FREE FILE option then your progress will be preserved.  This will only work if you qualify for the TT option which is NOT the same for other IRS FREE FILE options...

To qualify for free 2020 federal and state tax returns with the IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax, you'll need to meet at least one of these requirements:

• A maximum 2020 adjusted gross income (AGI) of $39,000; or
  • You qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC); or
  • You served as active duty military (including Reservists and National Guard) with a maximum 2020 AGI of $72,000 (you'll also need a military-issued W-2).

Irs Accepted

That is good information to know!

Thank you!

Irs Accepted

Never again turbo tax should of gone with the local tax prep guy down the street.  Turbo tax cost more and produced zero results.  Still waiting I’m sure that 190 dollars I paid turbo tax wasn’t even enough to get turbo tax to let credit karma know I actually filed already.  I’m suppose to get my return deposited into my credit karma spend account and credit karma is still asking me if I want to file my taxes with them. What a waste of money

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Irs Accepted

Refunds take about 21 days after the IRS has accepted your e-filed tax return. Please see below for more information. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/00/25589

If the IRS has accepted your e-filed return and you would like to check the status of your refund please feel free to go directly to https://www.irs.gov/refunds.

If it has been more than 21 days, please see below for reasons as to why your refund may be taking longer.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/what-if-my-irs-refund-is-taking-longer-than-21-...

Irs Accepted

@MoniqueLO_ 

Expert cut and paste work, that's only been posted 20 times in this thread 🙄

Irs Accepted

Shut the **bleep** up with your **bleep** excuses. We all are tired of hearing  the same thing. The dumb asses work at TT screwed  up the software  and **bleep**ed us all. I am looking  into a legal actions. Which from my understanding  is nothing  new to you all. Till you  all can stop copy and paste stop with the bull **bleep**.

Irs Accepted

@DanFam04  If you attempt to file your return again as opposed to having it amended, it'll be rejected and you may even get your soc. and name flagged for identity theft.

Irs Accepted

they are terrible 

Irs Accepted

@Alathea TurboTax absolutely screwed this up... and for A LOT of people. When filing my taxes, I was asked if I received the first and second stimulus payments. I selected yes. It asked the amounts of the payments I received, I entered $1,200 and $600. After doing so I was faced with a page that confirmed; "Based on the amounts you entered for the EIP, you have received the maximum payments." Blah blah.. SO, it confined that I was not owed a Recovery Rebate Credit. Skip to a month and a half later with no update on my refund, I download my tax transcripts and reviewed them and in line 30, TT had put that I was owed $1,800 ($1,200 + $600) although I claimed that I had, in fact, received BOTH stimulus payments TurboTaxes software actually took that information and had the adverse affect. Instead of zeroing out line 30 like it should have, it put the amount of both EIP in line 30 as if I were owed that money. Now mine along with tens of thousands of other returns are having to be manually reviewed and corrected via IRS and that money that TTs software said I was owed will actually be deducted from my refund which was only $2,180 to begin with. So once it's corrected, although I was relying heavily on that being the correct amount, will only be $380 IF I'm lucky.

Irs Accepted

@DawnC  I'm sorry but stating "there is no glitch" is an outright *bleep*  lie.

I was asked if I got the EIPs, I checked "Yes", I was asked to enter the amounts of the EIPs I received, I entered $1,200 and $600, WHICH IS THE MAX PAYMENT AMOUNTS FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT MADE UNDER $75,000.

Although I entered this information correctly and the software even confirmed that I received the amounts I was supposed to receive, the TurboTax software took the total amount I entered for the EIPs I received and added that amount together and entered the amount ($1,800) on line 30.

I did not do this, the SOFTWARE did this. The TT software guides you in a step by step process that's simple enough to follow. When asked yes or no questions and asked to enter the amounts the software is supposed to calculate that correctly and the fact of the matter is, IT DID NOT. The developers and writers of this software coded something incorrectly that caused this software to inaccurately calculate the information provided. THIS is absolutely at the hands of TT and every other online self-service program that used this same code created for the EIP/RRC.

Irs Accepted

I am never going to see a tax refund.... it’s been months now. This is garbage 

Irs Accepted

It’s been a little over 2 months and finally my forms were accepted and will be deposited on the 20th. However, it’s been reduced by 3/4 due to one of various reasons indicated on the site!

Stimulus being one factor that I can figure. I’m supposed to receive a letter soon telling me why the reduced amount. SMH 

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Irs Accepted

This year has brought challenges and unknown timelines. The IRS is required to reconcile the tax returns and stimulus payments as well as working on the third stimulus payments due to the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).  With the tax season and the changes taking place all at once, a delay should be expected for full payments. They want to be diligent and are required to follow any protocols they have been issued.  They will make any adjustments and additional payments as they complete the process.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies