turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

VZ13
Level 5

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

@Slaven6564 

Trying to play detective here 😆

I guess the irs website is the best to go to for now. 

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

I tryed it wouldn't do anything 

I used tt to file, got a new card this year. Already got my state & federal return. Was told stimulus was going on tt card by their PROFESSIONAL. Not true used the get my payment tool irs didn’t have my dd info. So I had to update my info 😡 

VZ13
Level 5

@Slaven6564 

The get my payment tool was slow earlier in the day. I tried it at 659 AM MST.. It went through really fast. Hope to get mine later this weekend.

care5085
Returning Member

I use TurboTax for my e-file 2019 and did direct deposit and pay with refund and I've already received my stimulus check so that's not true. I was one of the I'll believe it when I see it and they're coming you will get yours

Go to the IRS website get my payment and put in your new routing an account number there you won't have no problems just make sure you have your AGI number

VZ13
Level 5

@care5085  

Did you get ur deposit on the turbo card/green dot or another financial institution?

Deposits will come and the best thing to do is check the irs.gov website and click on the button that reads get my payment. It gives you an option to update ur bank info, if its needed. If not needed it will give direct deposit info.

I have the turbo tax card and went to the where is my payment on the IRS website and had to input all my information. I'm not using Turbo Tax after this..

Ladyd408
Returning Member

Will my stimulus money go on my TurboTax card

Xtina06
Returning Member

I filed with turbo, I also filed my boyfriends taxes with turbo..well I bank with state employees credit union, been having my tax refund go to this savings account since 2013. It clearly states on my 1040 on turbo that it is a savings account. I checked the new payment tool for the stimulus and had a deposit that was due today...never received it. I got screwed..I called about 5 different secus and was told that the irs coded the share account (which is the same as the savings) wrong.  Instead of coding it as savings irs coded it as checking. The bank rejected my deposit and no one knows if the irs will correct it because it was their mistake or if I have to wait 4eva on a check. As far as my boyfriend. he never received his either. He had the turbo card..when his info was entered it mentioned something about he was eligible  but not enough info and to add direct deposit info..so his was added and as 4 me umph idk secu rep told me to call irs but uh due to the fact that 80 plus percent of their employees are now out of work that's def a no go, guess I'll have to wait. So for anyone that has secu in north Carolina ( im assuming) and u had the stimulus going to ur share account...that's what happened!

Azures
Returning Member

I used the stimulus tool that turbo tax released on April 4th and the check status page on the irs website has no information about me at all I'm wondering if I should use the non filers tool on irs.gov

bounds1

Just seeing if i get a check

The banking information on my 2018 return is for turbo taxes Green dot bank. The stimulus check is being sent there, any idea where that will go or if that account is even active? 

Some info that might be helpful for anyone in the same situation.

I have the turbo card and filed my taxes to be deposited to that card. The correct direct deposit information for the card was listed on my 1040 and when I went to the IRS portal to check it said that they had insufficient information to deposit my payment at which point I added another bank account.

So whether deposits CAN go on the card or not mine was never going to because the information from my 1040 was somehow insufficient to use and since it was the information for the card itself I expect it wouldn't have worked either way.

Sebpri004

I’m having the same issues!! Last week I went to irs.gov to track my refund the date was pending, I went yesterday and now it says my information is incorrect!!!! I already check my information and everything is correct!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies