turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

I cant even get thru the IRS Payment link... It says my info doesn’t match... 

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

Yes

Yes sure si yeath

Samething I'm wondering...🙄😐😩🤦🤔...

Don't lose faith on the turbines of turbo tax

Yeah same to me I believe its BS they just turn us off like a switch cause they cant honestly answer our questions . The dropped the site , app, and phone al to avoid answering our questions . Yes when we do get through they tell me yes it will go on cards even if you had fees taking out but I still find that hard to believe because if we owed fees our money went to another bank 1st then that bank sent the rest of deposits to us ... So how would ITS know our direct deposit numbers . I have used turbo tax for 10 years now and never had a problem like this ! They should have answers and be on the phone getting the right answers for us ! They should be constantly updating everyone waiting to ease minds . I dont need the money that bad but I also dont wanna wait 5 months for payment at the same time . This will be last year for me using turbo tax I think they should give everyone's money back ! 

Relax the whole world is on that page everybody no 1 left behine

I’m so confused. ok, I filed thru TurboTax, and got an advance. They sent me a TurboTax Debit card in return. Are we or are we not getting our stimulus deposited into our TurboTax cards? When I tried to go into the IRS system and check that they have correct info, it says my info doesn’t match, yet it came directly from my return. When I tried the second time to enter my info it stated I exceeded the allowed visits to the site for the day... I ONLY DID IT ONCE!!! 

Right why is it taking so long

@Jefortune32 

Your bank account should be on your tax return.   If it is then you will get direct deposit, even if you had your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. 

I just wanted to let you know that people who had their TurboTax fees deducted from their refund are getting their stimulus money direct deposited into their bank account.  The following is from one user.

I filed with turbotax  and had my fees owed to turbotax taken out my refund and received my stimulus check today direct deposit in my bank account.  

See the following from the Santa Barbara Group.

I paid for tax preparation using Santa Barbara TPG this tax season. How will I receive my Economic Impact Payment?

The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that requested a direct deposit disbursement or applied for a new debit card when they prepared their own return online.

An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that requested a check printed from their tax professional's office, Walmart Direct2Cash or a Walmart MoneyCard issued by their tax professional.

If a payment is returned to the IRS (Ex. bank account is closed), the IRS will mail a check to the taxpayer.

In the rare event that payments are inadvertently sent to TPG, a plan is in place to help identify and expedite the return of these payments to the IRS so that the IRS can reissue payments directly to affected taxpayers as soon as possible. If we are unable to identify the payment as an Economic Impact Payment, the deposit will be processed as a federal refund, with all associated fees withheld from the deposit amount.

We understand that taxpayers need their refund or EIP more than ever, so we are committed to getting money to taxpayers as quickly and easily as possible.

Yes yesssss

yes to direct deposite on turbonectis card

So we going to get a deposit

That is not true 99% of people who filed with a online tax provider and paid a fee via their return will not get stimulus checks on the 15th. The checks got sent to santa barbera bank acct not ours as that's the one on the tax return sent by turbo tax or tax Slayer or any of those otherz

If this is true can u explain to me why turbo tax shows my direct deposit on my 2019 tax return an I did get  my refund in this account . Yet the irs has told me they have no direct deposit information on file for me? I have had my refund direct deposit for 5 years in a row. I’m curious as to what my tax documents read that the irs have . @DaveF1006 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies