turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

Not true anymore. 
The info they give you to download or print with you routing and accounting #’s  on is the same documents the irs use. 

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

So because I had my fees taken from my return, by the bank TurboTax uses, I won't get my stimulus money direct deposited, because aforementioned bank won't get involved because they're not making money off of it.... Great job. My guess is a lot of people won't be using TurboTax in the future, including myself... 

@brad39 Well said....they are confusing the heck out of people.  I know one thing....I will no longer be using turbotax for my returns from this day going forward.  I pray that the irs gather information from our return that was processed.  I looked at my 2019 return...I can see my account number and routing number. But like the other person said...if no money involved they don't want to touch it ....sad but true. You cant call the irs...so heck guess we all have to figure it out on our own.  

If what you’re saying is accurate it goes against what Santa Barbara Banks page says about it...

@brad39  I personally have not received my stimulus yet and I am a turbo tax customer.  However I am a member of a financial group and it was blowing up yesterday with people saying they have received the stimulus payment.  I did check my return and my info is on it so hopefully the irs has it. Not turbo tax  but my financial group has people that used h&r block and other tax preparer office that use third party banks, so maybe there is hope for us. Seeing on comment so saying she got it on her chime is helpful.  Most people in my other group were saying they bank with Wellsfargo and Chase from that group. Also seems to be no order in which they are processing the stimulus, some filed in January and so just filed March. Let's  have hope! I will post as soon as I see something in my account if you or anyone else on here could do the same. 

Tamekka

I agree

I have used TurboTax for over ten years now   they have really botched this turbo card fiasco and I will not be using them next year.  Absolute trap. Do not recommend ever again

STOP BLAMING TT FOR SOMETHING THEY HAVE NO CONTROL OVER AND GOT NO INFORMATION ANY FASTER THAN THE PROCESSING BANK SENT OUT ON THEIR PUBLIC WEB SITE.  ONCE YOUR RETURN IS ACCEPTED THEN TT IS OUT OF THE PICTURE.   IF YOU USED THE PROCESSING BANK TO WITHHOLD THE TT FEES FROM YOUR FEDERAL REFUND THEN  YOUR ISSUE IS WITH THE PROCESSING BANK AND THE GREENDOT CARD  NEITHER OF WHICH COULD HAVE PLANNED FOR THIS STIMULUS CHECK DISPERSAL  DURING A PANDEMIC.   NO ONE IS TRY TO HURT OR MISLEAD YOU ON PURPOSE ... EVERYONE IS TRYING TO DO THE BEST THEY CAN IN AN UNCERTAIN TIME.

If you have already filed a 2019 return there is nothing you can do until something happens on the IRS side… and they are ahead of schedule which is evidenced by the test deposits some saw on Friday. 

If you get the DD in the next 2 weeks then you are done. 

If you do not get the DD by the time the IRS finally opens the promised portal (now expected by 4/17) then you can update your information at that time.    https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

irs  filers .png

Yes thank you! That's what I've been saying!! I filed with turbo tax and had them take their 40 dollar fee out of my refund and when I go to "My Docs" and look at my refund it says direct deposit and then my acct and routing number that matches my turbo tax card! 

If you go to my docs and go thru ur refund and where it shows what your owed should say mine says direct deposit and matches the same info from my direct deposit info on my turbo tax card and I paid the 40 dollars out of my refund 

If you paid the fees and didn't have to submit any direct deposit information, then you will receive a check in the mail. The checks will take months to get distributed. 

When you register for turbo tax, you have to enter your name, address, phone number, email address, etc.. They will use whatever address you used when you filed. 

David2333

I did my taxes with turbo and got my money thru the turbo tax prepaid card.  On my return it shows a account number and routing number.  Im assuming thats the prepaid card.  I do still have the card.  Will mine be uploading on that.  Thanks in advanced.  

@Critter  No disrespect.  But you really need to come down. Typing in caps indicating that you are yelling.  Let's be respectful.  We all are entitled to our opinion....you don't have to respond to others that is feeling like TT is at fault. You dont know their reasons for feeling that way...just like me...i have been using them for over 10 years...after this year I wont! That's my opinion...plus you cant just once your return is accepted TT is out of the picture...what about those whom paid extra money to have theirs Experts/ CPA to oversee any issues or tax related problems....see TT give you the options to pay for those perks! So they aren't out of the picture for many! Including me! If that's the case they should refund me my money for those add ins! Again people are struggling financially and people maybe dealing with things mentally...the way you process things isnt like others may process things 

tracie529

Here's the link detailing the Santa Barbara bank issue. 

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

Basically it says people that got the turbo tax debit card will get a paper check in the mail. According to news reports those go out April 26th. Direct deposits start April 13th

True thats why you should only get you're  information on irs.gov and update yo banking etc on their website. I've  seen misleading information on here too that irs did not say

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies