Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If my turbo card has a negative balance will my stimulus check still get deposited on it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

65 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

If my turbo card has a negative balance will my stimulus check still get deposited on it

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

TurboTax Corona Virus Updates or IRS Corona Tax Relief.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Logan25

Is there any new information on this I can't find any 

KatrinaB48
Expert Alumni

Yes, you can still load money or receive a direct deposit when your TurboTax card has a negative balance. However, the deposit will go towards the negative balance first. Please view the cardholder agreement for more information. You can also view the FAQs on the TurboTax debit card website.

Please view this IRS link and use the Get Your Payment application, available mid-April, to check the status of your stimulus payment.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have negative 4 dollars on it right now how do you know I will still get the check an that it will jus take whatever I owe an add it too my card ?

Because I’m very curious 

I had a negative as well and it just fixed itself but no stimulus still

Nate_skip

My account was negative -4.95 now it said that 4.95 has been added and now my account is at zero. Can someone explain this please

Same thing just happened to me, very strange. Most people who have a turbotax card that ive talked to have said they got a notification saying their money will be deposited tomorrow. And it seems most banks are trying to do all accounts on the same day. So hopefully we all get it tomorrow. 

Amber1127

I had a negative balance of 9.90 till an hour ago. Still no stimulus but what does that mean

Mine did the same thing!!

Ari1995

Happened to me too! Still at zero

the same thing that happen with everybody else’s account going from negative to zero just happen to me. called the number on my card and of course I still have no pending deposit of my stimulus check but got the notification as well. we need answers!!!! 

The IRS says it's up to the individual banks (in this case TurboTax) weather to use it to cover debts or simply crediting them to accounts. Hopefully the people at TurboTax want to keep people and give us our money. If they steal $1200 over a $10 overdraft they will never hear the end of it.

Thank you for the information and hope.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies