Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

takaila09

If my order detail have "thanks for payment message," does that mean my tax refund was direct deposit?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

61 Replies

If my order detail have "thanks for payment message," does that mean my tax refund was direct deposit?

No.  That means that TurboTax has received their payment.

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.

....but what if you chose to pay turbo fees with refund? Does the IRS issue payment to turbo immediately after acceptance?

@Taneeshab1  wrote:

....but what if you chose to pay turbo fees with refund? Does the IRS issue payment to turbo immediately after acceptance?

Since you requested to have the TurboTax account fees deducted from your federal tax refund, the IRS will send the refund to a third party processor to have the fees and the service charge deducted. The third party processor will deduct the TurboTax fees plus the service charge and then attempt to direct deposit the remaining refund balance into the account that you entered on your tax return.

For the status of your tax refund you will need to contact the third party processor, Santa Barbara Tax Product Group, using their website - https://www.sbtpg.com/

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

Ok. I was thinking that. Thank you.

Hello! This is the same quest I just posted before seeing this here, so if I’m understanding this correctly, once it says “payment completed “ on turbo , then that means my refund was approved and sent to SBTPG so that the fees can be dispersed to turbo and then me? 

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

When your file your tax return successfully and you choose to pay your fees from your Federal refund, the TurboTax program considers the fee paid, even though the federal refund has not been released yet. This is why you see "Payment Completed".

As soon as your return is accepted by the IRS, your info shows at SBTPG, it should have your expected refund amount and it will say that they have not received your refund yet. Once they have your return it will update and tell you when they received it, what they received, what they deducted and when they sent it to your direct deposit account.

"somethingaboutmary Level 5"

Follow the steps below to track your refund when using the Refund Processing Option:

Step 1 - Check with the IRS

Get the status of your Federal tax refund by visiting the IRS "Where's My Refund?" page. 

Check the status of your refund 

Step 2  - Check with TPG

Once you have confirmed that your refund has been released by the IRS and you have selected a Refund Transfer from Santa Barbara TPG you may check the status of your Refund Transfer by visiting our website. 

Check the status of your Refund Transfer

For more information, please see the link below:

TPG Santa Barbara Tax Product Group

Ok sounds great! Thank you for responding!!

That is correct! Because if TT took fees like a credit card from the very beginning it would have never said payment status pending! So once your approved it will say payment status completed..that means TT fees has been paid.

Ok, I’ve checked SBTPG and they haven’t received my refund yet and it’s been maybe a week, so I guess it’s just a waiting game but thank you for responding! 

This is all very confusing because I thought the only way for turbo to get paid was if your refund was released, because I remember one year I was “accepted”

but then was offset so turbo never received their payment 

That is not correct.... I have my fees being taken out via Refund Transfer.  My order date via TT was 1/27/21.  My rtns were accepted by the IRS on 2/11/21.  My order status was showing "Payment Pending" as of yesterday 2/23/21.  Now this morning, the order status is showing "Payment Complete" as of 2/24/21.  Never once did the system show Payment Complete immediately after my returns were accepted by the IRS.  So how is your post accurate?  Please look into this and give an accurate answer to the questions being asked.  If your post were accurate, the payment status would never show "Payment Pending" once the return has been filed through TT and accepted by the IRS.  

Okay! When i said if you paid fees upfront using a credit card it would not show pending payment! It would automatically say payment completed....that part of my answer was responding to someone else that said it will say that no matter what....but again i say if it goes to payment completed it means your fees have been taken...i was on pending payment up until yesterday as well....rather or not you get refund right aeay Don't know!!! But fees have been taken!!!

And again someone else said payment completed would show immediately after if you pay with credit card or if you had it taken out of refund...my statement was no it wont too......i might of ran some things on together.....

DKay41... that message wasn’t in response to your post. It was in response to the individual from TT stating the status always show complete from day one 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies